Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-16-2010, 01:37 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeordye11 View Post
BEER!!!
Just take a look at this: North Carolina Beer Map | The Beer Mapping Project
I've never seen that before, haha nice. My favorite is on there! The flying saucer

Old 11-19-2010, 06:18 AM  

Greenville, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettM0352 View Post
Dont go any further east of Raleigh. Theres nothing there. at all. And as far as the North Carolina girls (or at least eastern NC girls)... only if you are not a fan of your girl having teeth.
Obviously you are a tool, and have never been to Greenville. ECU girls are beautiful, and the Outer Banks are fantastic.

Old 11-23-2010, 11:16 AM  

Asheville, NC
I think NC is the hidden gem of the US. I moved here from San Diego for my girl (native, and beauuuuuutiful), and so far it has been the best decision of my life.

Best parts:
4 seasons, all distinct but none extreme. I'm in Asheville, which is especially temperate. People were complaining when it hit 85 over the summer...I'm used to summer peaking in triple digits.

The food! OK, the mexican food sucks, but damn the Carolina BBQ is amazing. Pulled pork, ribs...hit up 12 Bones in Asheville if you can.

The beer! I am a beer nut and moved from San Diego (a beer mecca) to Beer City, USA. There is no shortage of premium beer.

The people! It's smart people meets southern hospitality. It actually took me a while to get used to random people saying hi on the street.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:17 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnDeadly View Post

The people! It's smart people meets southern hospitality. It actually took me a while to get used to random people saying hi on the street.
This.

Once when I went to Indianapolis everywhere I walked I got weird looks because I was smiling and nodding my head to people that passed.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:52 AM  

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
NC has got it all! Mountains (beautiful!) and beaches (pristine!). Great hunting and fishing west or east, great places to camp, family atmosphere or night life (ur preference). I don't think there's a better place to live and I've lived from the Atlantic to the Pacific and several points in between !
Old 11-25-2010, 10:50 AM  

Fayetteville, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by icemavgoose View Post
the barbecue
^^ What he said!!
Old 11-25-2010, 10:59 AM  

Fayetteville, NC
Saradactyl, Good lookin dog in your Avatar. Looks a bit like my old dog.
Please give me one good reason to visit North Carolina-ivy-sm.jpg 

Old 11-25-2010, 06:10 PM  

Concord, NC
What makes North Carolina a great place to visit? I've been to every state any many countries. I'm not saying we have the "most" beautiful beaches, moutains, flatlands, trees, rocks, and sites. What do have is the greatest collection of everything mentioned. Take US 64 from the western part on NC all the way to the Outer Banks of NC its over six hundred miles of wonderful sites, people and unque places to see. From the highest point east of the rockies in Black Mountain, NC, to twenty miles out in the ocean a strech of islands with public beach access that you can drive on, and everything in between. Some may say you can drive it in a day, but if you want get a good view spend a month and you still would miss most of it. We have it all from the rustic way of life deep in our mountains to the nations reaserch capital near Raleigh. My question is why would you not want to visit "Our Great State".
Old 12-09-2010, 01:17 PM  

WARM OCEAN WATER... enough said Cali water doesn't get like this EVER.
Old 12-12-2010, 08:18 PM  

Boone, NC
Asheville, NC was named Beer City, USA. There are 10 breweries in Buncombe county (where Asheville is). Great beer- check out The Wedge. Beautiful mountains and laid back folks. Pretty kind scene ovah heyah. Also, there is really really great mountain biking, kayaking, fishing, rock climbing, backpacking, etc. It's got a little bit of something for everyone. Let me know if you are coming eastside and want to hit up the northwestern mountains...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads