Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2010, 09:04 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownfieldguy View Post
WARM OCEAN WATER... enough said Cali water doesn't get like this EVER.
It does if I drink too much beer!

Old 12-12-2010, 10:36 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
It does if I drink too much beer!
beer + swimming = questionable!

Old 01-04-2011, 07:04 PM  

raleigh, NC
Blue ridge parkway
Old 01-04-2011, 07:05 PM  

raleigh, NC
If you sail, there are some great coastal areas for that as well.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:22 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Yes yes! Blue Ridge Parkway is beautiful with a lot of fun things to do and the sailing off the coast is amazing.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:05 AM  

Fayetteville, North Carolina
I have been to every US state except Maine and a few mid-west states, and have yet to find one that offers as much as NC. Sure, there's breathtaking views in every state, but none have the variety we do. Be it variety in scenery, food, culture, or even beer, we have it. We also have plenty of "biggest" and "firsts": Mt. Mitchell is the highest point in the US, east of the Mississippi. We have been the theater to the French and Indian War, the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War. We were the first colony to declare independence from England with the Mecklenburg Declaration of 1775. We are home of the largest: Private home in the world (the Biltmore estate), the largest freshwater sound in the world (Albemarle Sound), and the tallest lighthouse in the US (Cape Hatteras). The first English child born in North America was in Roanoke. NC is the site of the first US gold rush. Babe Ruth even hit his first professional home run here in Fayetteville in 1914. Need I continue?
Old 01-11-2011, 12:30 PM  

Hickory, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
among all the other answers you've got from everybody else, NC has some of the best 4x4 trails in the country.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:28 AM  

High Point, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeVacs

among all the other answers you've got from everybody else, NC has some of the best 4x4 trails in the country.
Unfortunately I am going to have to disagree with you there. There are a lot of really good off road trails in then state. However, the fact that many of the best ones are on private property that is simply opened to the public on occasion takes away from the "some of the best in the country " categorization for me.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:57 AM  

Hickory, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecoplan View Post
Unfortunately I am going to have to disagree with you there. There are a lot of really good off road trails in then state. However, the fact that many of the best ones are on private property that is simply opened to the public on occasion takes away from the "some of the best in the country " categorization for me.
Well I admit I've not been in a 4x4 club for about8 years and I know a lot has changed in that time, but there still should be a lot of good spots. What about Tellico ?
Old 01-17-2011, 08:44 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
JLCinLA,

Greetings and Welcome to CityProfile!!

Born and raised (2 decades) in L.A. County and transplanting to NC in the mid 80s, it has been a marvelous IMPROVEMENT.
LESS congestion to equal LESS traffic (unless in Charlotte or Raleigh-Durham), LESS hassles, LESS travel to get "out in the woods", LESS stress, MANY Educational sites, MANY Wonderful Natural areas, Entertainment as well ESCAPE or ADVENTURE availabilities.
Entering from the West, one finds awe and mystery in the Appalachian Range and a visit to either Mt. Mitchell State Park and/or Grandfather Mountain is as well benefitial.

You and your group would MOST BENEFIT from a visit for as stated by the many here, such visit IS worth your time!!

Thank You for your time and sorry I couldn't provide just 1 good reason!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!