Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2010, 02:27 PM  

Fairfax County Fire Burning Code

Not sure if anyone else likes to burn fires this time of year in a fire pit in your backyard, but after some digging I found the burning code for Fairfax County.

If you need to know what the laws are you can check out all the details below:

Standard restrictions are in place for diameter, height of fire and the code distance is at least 15' from any combustible materials (ie a deck). Funny you see people all the time with fire pits sitting on their decks. :-D

Outdoor Solid Fuel Burning Devices - Fairfax County, VA

Old 01-04-2011, 04:49 PM  

Fairfax, VA
You will use you're property the way we tell you to...

Old 01-07-2011, 04:27 PM  

Alexandria, Virginia
Yeah you do see them all the time on decks. Speaking of that i even have one on my deck. Thanks for the link.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:36 PM  

Northern VA
We use our wood burning fire pit in the back yard all the time and never had any issues.

Last Halloween we had the fire pit in the front yard. A Fairfax County Police cruiser came through the neighborhood and didn't even slow down.

Now the fire pit we have is one of those bowl on metal stand types. Where the bowl sits about 8" off the ground. A good amount of heat is radiated down toward the ground. Enough heat that it killed some of my grass one time.

Would I use my fire pit on my deck? Probably not. If I had a fire pit with a brick base. Maybe.

Just use a little common sense. Keep a fire extinguisher or at least a garden hose handy.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM  

Fairfax, VA, Virginia
I've got a friend who has a "Fireball" brand suspended Fire-pit. It's pretty nice, but he runs it on the back porch, under his deck. I'm surprised he hasn't had a heat issue, but I guess not.

I would be worried about anything lower than a foot off the ground making things too hot!
Old 02-18-2011, 08:16 PM  

thanks for the info! great to know.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:11 AM  

It's really amazing what you see some people doing without even thinking about the reality of it
Old 10-27-2011, 04:58 AM  
Traveler

Vienna, VA
Really i am agree with u.

it will be true that some people doing without even thinking.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads