Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2011, 11:59 AM  

Arlington, Virginia
I ride wakefield most of the time. MORE did a great job of building up these trails. It can be as hard or as easy as you want. There are ride-a-rounds for most of the difficult obstacles, and you often see guys tacking these trails on rigid bikes. There are also the Beltway Jumps, right near there, but you had better know what you're doing it you head over there.

I've ridden Quantico a few times and all i can say is that its a workout. Nice trails though, so if you have clearance to get on the base its worth a trip.

Old 01-04-2011, 12:49 PM  

Arlington, Virginia
What are you riding?

Not to hijack this thread, but I didn't want to start another mountain biking thread.

What do you guys ride around the trails here. I see everything from big money, full sussers to entry level mtbs.

Here's mine:

On-One 456
RS Tora 302
LX/SLX/XT Drivetrain
Mavic 521/XT Hubs
Panaracer FireXC Pro

Old 01-06-2011, 09:26 PM  

va
re: What are you riding?

Quote:
Not to hijack this thread, but I didn't want to start another mountain biking thread.

What do you guys ride around the trails here. I see everything from big money, full sussers to entry level mtbs.

i ride a gary fisher hardtail, with 200mm travel fork, and discs. my next rig will most def be full sus
Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 PM  

va
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agungalunga View Post
I ride wakefield most of the time. MORE did a great job of building up these trails. It can be as hard or as easy as you want. There are ride-a-rounds for most of the difficult obstacles, and you often see guys tacking these trails on rigid bikes. There are also the Beltway Jumps, right near there, but you had better know what you're doing it you head over there.

I've ridden Quantico a few times and all i can say is that its a workout. Nice trails though, so if you have clearance to get on the base its worth a trip.
i ride all of the trails mentioned in this thread (except the jumpy stuff out back of wakefield). quantico is my go-to ride, as i work on base. wakefield is a blast, since it's not really techincal, i get lots of trail time in when i ride there.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:33 PM  

Alexandria, Virginia
Any specific trail recommendations for Fountainhead?
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM  

Arlington, Virginia
Fountainhead basically has two loops. One small one, and then one huge one. I'd recommend the big one (can't remember what it's called). There is a little area with teeter totters and and fun sections on the big loop, but there is also one of the scariest flippen downhill sections I've ridden.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:58 AM  

va
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piperchp View Post
Any specific trail recommendations for Fountainhead?
here is the trail map:
Fountainhead Regional Park | Mountain Bike Trail Maps

i wish that i could go back and ride it all for the first time again ...
Old 01-10-2011, 03:27 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyence View Post
here is the trail map:
Fountainhead Regional Park | Mountain Bike Trail Maps

i wish that i could go back and ride it all for the first time again ...
+1
Old 02-03-2011, 01:15 PM  

Fairfax, VA
fountainhead is tough.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:42 AM  

Great subject...I am planning on getting a Mountain Bike this spring and to start getting out more and this information is fantastic...thanks!

I live out in Gainesville...any idea of good trails around there to explore?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Bookmark this Page!