Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-06-2011, 09:18 AM  

Seeking Advice from Gainesville/Haymarket Resident

Hi all. I am here to seek some advice from Gainesville/Haymarket people.
People live outside the area is welcome leaving advice, too.

I open an Asian restaurant in Gainesville, VA six months ago. The location of the restaurant is not very good. Someone even think it is awful. The reason I chose Gainesville was I believe more and more people move to the area, my place will be noticed with marketing and promotion.

I receive positive reviews for my food and restaurant. (Season Sushi & Asian Grill - Gainesville, VA)

However, it is not enough for keeping it up. I am not sure if it is because of bad economy prevent people from going out or is my location really awful, people refuse to come...

if you can spare a couple of minutes to answer my questions, you answer and opinion will be appreciated....

1.how often do you choose to dine out every week?

2. Do you choose to cook at home more due to bad economy?

3. how often do you order delivery? or Can someone please tell me if Delivery or Take out is common in this neighborhood?

4.when you order delivery, will you choose just Chinese food, pizza or more sophisticated food, like Japanese food ?

5. How do you like Hibachi Grill (The type of asian grill, which the Chef cook in front of you)

Your response will help me to decide if i should continue or ...... Anyway, thank you in advance.

Old 11-06-2011, 04:04 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Not being from those immediate areas, but still a part of the VA community, I would be happy to answer what I can for you.

[quote]1.how often do you choose to dine out every week?[quote]

Before the economy stalled a bit, I would say at least once a week (maybe more)

Quote:
2. Do you choose to cook at home more due to bad economy?
Yes, or at least I try to. Going out is now that 'special treat' we look forward to.

Quote:
3. how often do you order delivery?
This is definitely a nice feature when I am feeling lazy at home OR especially during lunch when I cant get away from my desk. Lunch delivery specials are my personal favs.

Quote:
4.when you order delivery, will you choose just Chinese food, pizza or more sophisticated food, like Japanese food ?
Normally its the generic pizza/Chinese food for deliveries. If I am going to eat a meal that is more extravigant then I go out for the entire experience.

Quote:
5. How do you like Hibachi Grill (The type of asian grill, which the Chef cook in front of you)
These are my favorite types of environments for an evening of a 'full' dining experience. Normally the chefs have a sense of humor and make it an overall fun experience - the only downside to this is you normally have to have a larger group or be comfortable sitting around strangers. (And your dining experience is a bit more expensive - but you definitely get what you pay for)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia > Northern Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads