Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2010, 11:27 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
The 90's (mostly music)

I miss them. I mean, really? Lady Gaga (she's acceptable... to a degree), Justin Bieber, Hannah Montana? I fear for our children.

I decided to look up VH1's greatest songs of the 90's and came across Oasis and it got me started listening to some of it and, in contrast, it is heavenly compared to the atrocious acidic vomit spewing forth from most mainstream groups these days.

Breaking Benjamin and Chevelle are both pretty good, though. So I guess it's not ALL bad!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:28 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I love the 90's. Blind Melon and Nirvana changed my perception of music as a child.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:07 PM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Even rap or hip-hop was better. Back then you had TLC and Tupac type of things.

But I do agree, I am a fan of Oasis, the Cranberries and things like that. Oh I love the 90's
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 PM  
Look at that

Belchertown, Massachusetts
Im not sure how lady gaga is acceptable.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 PM  

My daughter just spent (in my opinion wasted!) to see that witch in L.A. I believe in April, 2011. I just don't see the appeal, especially after believing it was a man in drag for an entire year!
Old 09-09-2010, 10:07 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
My daughter just spent (in my opinion wasted!) to see that witch in L.A. I believe in April, 2011. I just don't see the appeal, especially after believing it was a man in drag for an entire year!
It's not? I need to get with the times.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
It's not? I need to get with the times.
Hah... yeah, she's weird. Sometimes she looks totally like a dude, other times she looks pretty feminine. It scares me.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:53 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
All I know is seeing her I can't guess, and don't want to. Must keep flipping through the channels.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:01 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
All I know is seeing her I can't guess, and don't want to. Must keep flipping through the channels.
I feel that way when I come across Hannah Montana on the tube. I imagine my IQ dropping much like what a gas pump looks like when filling up, only in reverse. It causes irreversible brain damage and must be avoided as much as possible.
Old 09-10-2010, 12:29 AM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
I feel that those of us who were between 10 and 15 for the beginning of the 90's were blessed with the greatest music. Not of all time, you can not discount CCR, Hendrix, The Doors, Pink Floyd, Skynryd ect. But as far as the number of great bands to come out of one decade, the 90's has to be it. Nirvana changed music forever. Soundgarden, Alice in chains, Eddie Vedder/Pearl Jam and so on. I am glad I got to grow up listening to that, instead of the garbage that is called music now. I know my daughter will grow up listening to "Dads" music, and not that crap they play on the radio.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!