Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
I just do the posted speed limit. Since I've started this, for some reason, the cops don't bother me.
Since I've started driving my 4 cylinder Jeep, I "try" to do the posted speed limit most of the time but can fall well short of it if there is a hill.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:48 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
Since I've started driving my 4 cylinder Jeep, I "try" to do the posted speed limit most of the time but can fall well short of it if there is a hill.
ha, I know what you mean, my '95 YJ was a 4 popper and I'd have to downshift just to keep rolling, let alone hit the speed limit.

Old 02-17-2012, 07:43 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmorgan82 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
ha, I know what you mean, my '95 YJ was a 4 popper and I'd have to downshift just to keep rolling, let alone hit the speed limit.
Mine can sort of keep up with the flow of traffic, but only to a point. After that point is reached, I'll pull off to the side if I'm holding up traffic. I don't really worry about speeding tickets either

But there are a bunch of places around my neighborhood where they will nail people day in day out. You would think people would learn....
Old 02-19-2012, 01:42 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Hawaii is way too densely populated for the cops to keep up. I might see one cop a week, and there are some areas of the island, like North Shore, where I've never actually seen one.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 02-19-2012, 03:07 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Hawaii is way too densely populated for the cops to keep up. I might see one cop a week, and there are some areas of the island, like North Shore, where I've never actually seen one.
When I was stationed there in the early 70's police drove civilian cars. The only way to know is the single rotating light on the roof or the mounting post sticking up when the light was removed. Rumor was that the PD subsidized the purchase of the car and the officer could use it as their personal vehicle off duty. I understand Honolulu PD has a fleet of marked cars now. Don't recall ever seeing a marked Honolulu PD car while I was there. And yeah, I don't recall ever seeing PD on the North Shore either. Not seeing them doesn't mean they were not there though. In Houston I see at least 6 (marked) cars a day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.