Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2010, 01:58 PM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
BOB is just for the car, fire starers(both lint and matches, kept in a bag), energy bars (Clif), lifesavers(hard candy is awesome), Emergency blankets (the shiny kind), An old quilt, 2 candles, and some rope (about ten foot if I'm not mistaken), I also keep a couple a couple of empty bottles for water collection, and a bottle of portable aqua for purification, and a flash light. I always carry a knife or multitool.

I'm not bugging out, I'm staying in and riding it out. If I had land I would head there, but I think staying close to what I know and being reliant on my craftiness and superior firepower will serve my family and I best. I keep lanterns at the house, and have some camping gear that would work well, provided we were forced to leave, but I'm prepping for cessation of services, not end times prophecy, or zombies (although I keep my finger crossed on the zombies).
Gotcha. So it's not so much a bag to help you get to a BoL, but a bag to help you get home. Makes sense.

In regard to bugging out: don't do it unless staying home puts your life in danger. But it isn't the goofiest idea in the world to plan for a place or two to go in the event the region is unsafe for some reason.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:06 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
I have enough tools to fix my Jeep damn near anywhere!

Other than that, I live paycheck to paycheck. A few weeks ago, I had to donate plasma just so I could buy groceries. Welcome to college.

Old 09-23-2010, 02:13 PM  

The Middle Of, Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy View Post
I have enough tools to fix my Jeep damn near anywhere!

Other than that, I live paycheck to paycheck. A few weeks ago, I had to donate plasma just so I could buy groceries. Welcome to college.

X2 on that.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:22 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I just want to a shoot a zombie once in the chest, realize he's still alive, and then shoot him in the head.

That's all I want to do.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-23-2010, 02:23 PM  

Central, Utah
I'm a volunteer with the local Search & Rescue and we try to follow the National Association of S&R guidelines spelled out on their site. In order to be SARTECH II certified, you need to have a pack of equipment ready to go that would keep you sustained out in the field for at least 24 hours. Pack requirements are here:

http://www.nasar.org/nasar/downloads...ST_11_2004.pdf

Some of the stuff is obviously geared toward long-term search efforts (flagging tape, ID, etc.) but all in all it's a pretty complete pack. It sits in my garage ready to go and I go through it every 6 months or so to make sure my food/snacks/water stays fresh and to change out the spare clothing to season appropriate stuff. I've added to my pack to make it a little more complete in case I need to be out longer than 24-48 hours. If I have ~5 minutes notice, I can grab some extra food, water, and firepower and be good for a week or more.

I'm also an intermediate level EMT so I carry a jump kit in the Jeep at all times, complete with IV/IO supplies and fluids etc. No meds tho
Old 09-23-2010, 03:20 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Gotcha. So it's not so much a bag to help you get to a BoL, but a bag to help you get home. Makes sense.

In regard to bugging out: don't do it unless staying home puts your life in danger. But it isn't the goofiest idea in the world to plan for a place or two to go in the event the region is unsafe for some reason.
Well I see it as duel in it's purpose, but yeah it's a BIB.
Old 09-23-2010, 03:22 PM  

Riverside, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I just want to a shoot a zombie once in the chest, realize he's still alive, and then shoot him in the head.

That's all I want to do.
You're screwed if there is a zombie outbreak over there. LOL. But I do agree with your statement, that would be much fun.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-24-2010, 10:05 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
You're screwed if there is a zombie outbreak over there. LOL. But I do agree with your statement, that would be much fun.
Agreed, my only issue is I hope .22 lr is going to be enough to take them out, I have so many of those rounds, I think I should start there before moving into everything else.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!