Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 09-27-2010, 09:28 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Brands of Honesty...

HONESTY

1. "Cash Register Honest" A person enters $10.00 into the keyboard of the cash register, opens the drawer & deposits $10.00. The cash register doesn't know the operator was actually given a $20 and not a $10... Theft is deceit ? takers take what they can take.

2. "Filtered Honesty" These people figure what you don't know won't or can't hurt you so they filter and omit things... Manipulation thrives on false pretenses.

3. "Honest to a fault" These people don't care how what they say makes you feel. That's (it's) not their problem. "Honest to a Fault" is acceptable to me. Better that than the previous alternatives. There is a line drawn between honesty and opinion.

4. "Fair Honesty" These people are sensitive to others. They'll not be abrasive or rude at the expense of others for the sake of honesty. They will however tell you if they've been thinking about stuff that they know will hurt you before they go out and do what ever it is they've been thinking about. If you care about another?s feelings you will not expend of their feelings in the name of fairness. Fairness demonstrates the ability to welcome joint decisions that ultimately affect all those concerned. Anything short of a joint decision will simply fester doubt.

5. ?Genuine Honesty? the type that means you would never do or say anything you know is going to hurt someone you care about... Genuine honesty is being true.

6. ?Tactful Honesty? which is honesty to a fault but with tact about the way it's said...work honesty "yes I'll get right on that" Diplomacy is nothing more than social protocol.

7. Honesty without care is conceit. Honesty without care is selfish, it's misguided guilt and it festers a deep void within your heart.

8. ?True Honesty? is speaking the truth despite inevitable hurt feelings. True honesty is borne from a respect to further the best interests of others. True honesty is sincerity in its purest form. True honesty is being true to oneself. Anything short of true honesty is nothing more than a vicious cycle of lying to oneself and passing those lies on to others. "Living a lie" comes to mind...

?You can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who they think can do nothing for them." --Author Unknown

Old 09-28-2010, 06:08 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
cool post!

Old 09-29-2010, 08:43 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Question, if you only lie to your wife, and it's only about things that are going to make her mad, is it still lying?
Old 09-29-2010, 02:17 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
please see filtered honesty in this link: http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/off...-honesty-2979/
Old 09-29-2010, 03:07 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Question, if you only lie to your wife, and it's only about things that are going to make her mad, is it still lying?
This guy votes no.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-30-2010, 09:29 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
This guy votes no.

Sweet... It's nice not to be alone.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:17 PM  

Seattle, Washington
I came up with this "brands of honesty" thing after I found myself single again after many years of marriage. The women I met since the divorce, inspired me/the post...you know, men can be scum balls, no question about it, but, rest assured, men do NOT have an exclusive on it! You listening ladies? :-)

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!