Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 11-30-2011, 03:41 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Charitable donations

Subject: Your Charitable Donations

Your Donations

As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster, please keep these
facts in mind:


The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans salary for the
year was $651,957 plus expenses


The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary
along with numerous expense benefits.


UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month)
plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE . Less than 5 cents of your
donated dollar goes to the cause.


The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only
$13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar
organization. 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.


The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your
donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!


The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0.00 zero
salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!


The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a $0.00 zero
salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!


The Military Order of Purple Hearts National Commander receives a $0.00
zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and
youth!


The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a $0.00 zero
salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!
__________________

__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:32 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Those little kids outside the grocery store are the ones that get me, I can't walk past. And these past two yrs I can't even eat the cookies they're peddling. I tell them, "either you can eat em or sell em again."
__________________

__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:35 PM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Those little kids outside the grocery store are the ones that get me, I can't walk past. And these past two yrs I can't even eat the cookies they're peddling. I tell them, "either you can eat em or sell em again."
Did you know that the local troop gets very little of that money? It all goes into regional and a very small amount comes back to the local troup.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:17 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Nice post samfloor.

I would rather give a homeless person a few dollars or contribute to a local charity that I know is actually benefitting needy people in my neighborhood, than to some of the top heavy organizations involved in sucking up money and giving only a small proportion of it back to the people it's intended for.

I don't care about tax receipts when I donate. I'm not doing it to get a write off, I'm doing it to help someone in need in my neck of the woods.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:35 PM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Did you know that the local troop gets very little of that money? It all goes into regional and a very small amount comes back to the local troup.
Yeah, I know, same as the school donations too. This year I'm donating a tree to a local park. See how that goes.
__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:51 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
I know all about your tree donation.



























And I like it
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 12:57 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 90 | Kudos: +18
Snopes says this is mostly out dated and inaccurate.
snopes.com: Executive Salaries in Charities


Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Subject: Your Charitable Donations

Your Donations

As you open your pockets for the next natural disaster, please keep these
facts in mind:


The American Red Cross President and CEO Marsha J. Evans salary for the
year was $651,957 plus expenses


The United Way President Brian Gallagher receives a $375,000 base salary
along with numerous expense benefits.


UNICEF CEO Caryl M. Stern receives $1,200,000 per year (100k per month)
plus all expenses including a ROLLS ROYCE . Less than 5 cents of your
donated dollar goes to the cause.


The Salvation Army's Commissioner Todd Bassett receives a salary of only
$13,000 per year (plus housing) for managing this $2 billion dollar
organization. 96 percent of donated dollars go to the cause.


The American Legion National Commander receives a $0.00 zero salary. Your
donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!


The Veterans of Foreign Wars National Commander receives a $0.00 zero
salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!


The Disabled American Veterans National Commander receives a $0.00 zero
salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!


The Military Order of Purple Hearts National Commander receives a $0.00
zero salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and
youth!


The Vietnam Veterans Association National Commander receives a $0.00 zero
salary. Your donations go to help Veterans and their families and youth!
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.