Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2011, 06:13 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting

Another e-mail I just wanted to share "for what it's worth".... but, as brought to my attention(thanks Hillman), it will be a good idea to click the snopes.com article and read more facts....

http://www.snopes.com/medical/homecure/peroxide.asp

CLOROX VERSUS PEROXIDE

Clorox vs Peroxide VERY interesting and inexpensive.
This was written by Becky Ransey of Indiana
(a doctor's Wife), and I want to share it with you.

She was over recently for coffee and smelled the bleach I was using to clean my toilet and counter tops.

This is what she told me.
'I would like to tell you of the benefits of that Plain little ole bottle of 3% peroxide you can get for under $1.00 at any drug store.
What does bleach cost?

My husband has been in the medical field for over 36 years, And most doctors don't tell you about peroxide.
Have you Ever smelled bleach in a doctor's office? NO!!!

Why?
Because it smells, and it is not healthy!
Ask the nurses who work in the doctor's offices,
and ask them if they use bleach at home.

They are wiser and know better!

Did you also know bleach was invented in the late 40's?
It's chlorine, folks!

And it was used to kill our Troops.

Peroxide was invented during WWI in the 20's.
It was used to save and help cleanse the needs of our troops and hospitals.

Please think about this:
1. Take one capful (the little white cap that comes with the bottle) and hold in your mouth for 10 minutes daily, then spit it out. (I do it when I bathe.)
No more canker sores, and your teeth will be whiter without expensive pastes.
Use it instead of mouthwash.

2. Let your toothbrushes soak in a cup of peroxide to keep them free of germs.

3. Clean your counters and table tops with peroxide to
kill germs and leave a fresh smell.
Simply put a little on your dishrag when you wipe, or spray it on the counters.

4. After rinsing off your wooden cutting board, pour peroxide on it to kill salmonella and other bacteria.

5. I had fungus on my feet for years until I sprayed a
50/50 mixture of peroxide and water on them
(especially the toes) every night and let dry.

6. Soak any infections or cuts in
3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day.
My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

7. Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 mixture of peroxide and Water and keep it in every bathroom to disinfect without Harming your septic system like bleach or most other Disinfectants will.

8. Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your
50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus.
It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria.
Hold for a few minutes, and then blow your nose into a tissue.

9. If you have a terrible toothache and cannot get to a dentist right away, put a capful of 3% peroxide into your mouth and hold it for ten minutes several times a day.
The pain will lessen greatly.

10. And of course, if you like a natural look to your hair, spray the 50/50 solution on your wet hair after a shower and comb it through.
You will not have the peroxide-burnt blonde hair like the hair dye packages but more
natural highlights if your hair is a light brown, reddish, or dirty blonde.
It also lightens gradually , so it's not a drastic change.

11. Put half a bottle of peroxide in your bath to help get rid of boils, fungus, or other skin infections.

12. You can also add a cup of peroxide instead of bleach to a load of whites in
your laundry to whiten them.
If there is blood on clothing, pour it directly on the soiled spot.
Let it sit for a minute, then rub it and rinse with cold water.
Repeat if necessary.

13. I use peroxide to clean my mirrors.
There is no smearing, which is why I love it so much for this.

14. Another place it's great is in the bathroom, if someone has been careless & has
peed on the floor around the toilet & it's begun to smell of urine.
Just put some peroxide in a spray bottle & spray.
In the blink of any eye all the smell will be gone & the bacteria eliminated!

I could go on and on.
It is a little brown bottle no home should be without!
With prices of most necessities rising, I'm glad there's a way to save tons of money in
such a simple, healthy manner!

This information really woke me up.
I hope you gain something from it, too.

Pass it on! Clorox vs peroxide VERY interesting and inexpensive

Old 03-21-2011, 06:54 AM  

Read the following BEFORE trying peroxide suggestions.... snopes.com: Hydrogen Peroxide

Better safe than sorry.

Old 03-21-2011, 08:38 AM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
I have used peroxide for minor cut and abrasions over the years and found that it does help with the removal of of the fine particles of dirt in those cuts. I have also used it as a mouth rinse for impacted teeth, it does help somewhat, but wouldn't do it everyday. As for the article that Hillman put the link to, it is a wise thing to think about what you are using and what your are going to be using it for. I certainly would not inject this stuff into me. Good articles none the less.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:17 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
For the last two years I've had a problem with an allergic ear reaction. I use an antibiotic suspended in oil to treat the problem but rely on HP for cleaning my ears. Just a few drops from an eye dropper and it sounds like the 1812 Overture being played in my ears.

When I worked in an IC Fab we used industrial HP to thin wafers to their ideal thickness. 3% is best for people.
clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting-h2o2_molecule_big.gif 

Old 03-22-2011, 04:29 AM  
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
For the last two years I've had a problem with an allergic ear reaction. I use an antibiotic suspended in oil to treat the problem but rely on HP for cleaning my ears. Just a few drops from an eye dropper and it sounds like the 1812 Overture being played in my ears.

When I worked in an IC Fab we used industrial HP to thin wafers to their ideal thickness. 3% is best for people.
As you notice from this radical, and had also been brought to my attention in the past by my DR. it is only "water" with an extra "hydrogen" atom added....I use it routinuely for cleaning my ears after soaking them in "sweet oil"......definitely has a roar while bubbling, but does "float" up the wax, etc...
Old 03-22-2011, 01:23 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I've been using it to disinfectant my tooth brush for some time, I didn't realize all the other applications.

So if it's diluted it still maintains it's antiseptic properties?
Old 03-22-2011, 01:46 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
after soaking them in "sweet oil"......definitely has a roar while bubbling, but does "float" up the wax, etc.
I've heard that term, "sweet oil" but don't know anything about it. Doc said he saw "debris" in my ears. WTF is debris? HP answered just as you said and I extracted a small island of the crap.

A friend said she used it to clean her ears but never heard bubbles. I think all the racket I hear is the debris being slightly dissolved by the peroxide. I like to rinse using a shower head with pretty hot water but the literature says this can make you pass out.
I feel nothing of the sort but then I've had two chairs busted over my head with similar results.

I was prescribed a product called Dermotic Oil which contains an antibiotic. The maker uses refined peanut oil as a base which seems silly since so many people have peanut allergies.
Old 03-22-2011, 06:30 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I may just have to try that ear trick.
Old 03-22-2011, 07:06 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I may just have to try that ear trick.
We all need to learn a few tricks to manage aging. No one tells you about all the weirdness that comes our way largely because we're males. Women compare notes on stuff all the time but a thread like this is pretty rare in guy forums.

Years back I picked up my date and watched her swab some baby oil in her ears (the outside parts). We were both 50ish and I'd been experiencing dry skin in my ears for a year or two. I thought it was just me but that night I discovered it's pretty common.

Hair is definitely on the new "to do" list. Thank goodness for the tweezers on a Victorinox knife. The real problem is seeing the critters which I find by feel and mostly hope I can grasp with tweezers by feel. Not very efficient at all.

I was kidding my friend the surgeon about it when she matter of factly said; "you need a trifold mirror". huh?
I'd seen what she described in thrift stores but thought these were simply makeup mirrors. I have my eye out for the next one that shows up at Goodwill.

Someday there will be a website devoted to educating the older male but for now just ask a woman, they are wise about defoliation.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:58 AM  
Supporting Member

ear wax removal method used by me....for your info.

Here's the "stuff" I use to remove ear wax. I had some hardened wax at one time and got
the "prescription" removal solution, otherwise I just take the "eye dropper" and put drops
of the "Sweet Oil" (Olive Oil...had never looked before.. )
in each ear, hold it there with "cotton balls", just leave it there as long as you want, but, then drop in the "HP" and it will further loosen the wax.

Then just run some warm water into a wash basin, hold my head over the basin, and flush it again
with the warm water and "syringe".
You'll be surprised at what comes out. Just insert the "syringe" into the ear canal, leave room around the tip so
the water can pass, and squeeze gently.
You can do this until no more residue is evident.
And, the HP will "pop and crackle" as it "boils" away the loosened wax.

You can also purchase these special "clippers" for removing the hair from your "ears" and "nose".......

clippers for ear hair removal - Bing Shopping
clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting-ear-wax-removal-sweet-oil-dry-skin-etc.jpg 

clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting-ear-wax-removal-sweet-oil-dry-skin-.jpg 

clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting-ear-wax-removal-solution.jpg 

clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting-ear-wax-removal-syringe-.jpg 

clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting-ear-wax-removal-syringe%3D%3D.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!