Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-24-2011, 12:54 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
Another (old) product that(saves money) and can be used to substitude many(expensive) household products, and is mostly found in Drug Stores, is:
Boric Acid
I prefer the "powder".
Click to View Search Results for Boric Acid - Google Search Boric Acid - Google Search

Old 03-24-2011, 06:45 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Boric acid has put an end to a few ant invasions in our house.

Old 03-25-2011, 12:27 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
Not to change the topic,

But Oklahoma is known for it's many insects. I don't think you can find a house that doesn't have an ant or roach problem to some extent.
One house I had, had roaches so bad that at night the kitchen walls were black with them. I spent k's in one year trying to get rid of them.
Then I read about Boric Acid and thought I'd give it a shot.
I mixed 8 oz of powder with 2 parts flour, 1 pack of hot chocolate mix (don't use granual sugar). Then I got some small container lids (like Pringles) put enough in the lids to cover the bottom and set them around the house(mainly the kitchen) in the back of the cupboards, behind appliances ect. It takes awhile, but within the next 3-4 months I could see them fading away. I still leave the (hidden) lids out and refresh them every 3-4 months and it keeps them away...including ants.

Maybe someone should start a new thread called "tricks of the Trade"
Old 07-13-2011, 12:46 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
We all need to learn a few tricks to manage aging. No one tells you about all the weirdness that comes our way largely because we're males. Women compare notes on stuff all the time but a thread like this is pretty rare in guy forums.
"GUY FORUMS?????" Am I in the wrong place???? Had no clue....thought it was for all of us?
Old 07-13-2011, 01:23 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Thanks for the sweet oil sourcing. I suspect I can find it locally but find it odd I've never seen it. Some "cures" are more regional than others and that may be part of it.

Today show had a demo of a handheld UV light disinfecting tool.$70 sounds like a lot but it can disinfect food prep areas and save you from salmonella. Matt Lauer is a germaphobe and was giddy about getting one.

The Victorinox tweezers are good for ear fur. I trim nose air because plucking brings on sneezing fits.
Old 07-13-2011, 02:41 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
[quote=blucher;116535]Thanks for the sweet oil sourcing. I suspect I can find it locally but find it odd I've never seen it. Some "cures" are more regional than others and that may be part of it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check this link for some interesting reading about "Sweet Oil".....just found it and never knew some of this "stuff"...........

http://www.sacred-texts.com/ame/pow/pow161.htm

AND THIS LINK...........

http://www.livestrong.com/sweet-oil/

HERE'S ANOTHER PRODUCT THAT MOST FOLKS NEVER HEARD OF BUT CAN BE USED ON "MAN OR BEAST (LIVESTOCK, ETC.)"...........HAVE USED IT OR HAS BEEN USED BY MY FAMILY FOR AN HUNDRED PLUS YEARS.......

http://www.porterssalve.com/
Quote:
Recommended as a "beneficial application for bruises, rough and cracked skin caused by inclement weather, insect bites, sunburn and local irritations," it is advocated for use on both man and beast alike. The salve has a drawing quality, which works particularly well on slivers of metal, wood, or glass, beneath the surface of the skin.
and, so you'll believe me.........here's mine.......I've used it extensively on "boils".......
clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting-dsc02356_fixed-2-.jpg 

Old 07-13-2011, 03:45 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
clorox vs peroxide.....very interesting

Quote:
Maybe someone should start a new thread called "tricks of the Trade"
fine idea
Old 07-13-2011, 03:47 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dceeeee View Post
"GUY FORUMS?????" Am I in the wrong place???? Had no clue....thought it was for all of us?
It is but first you must reach 5% of posts.
Old 07-13-2011, 03:54 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
and, so you'll believe me.........here's mine.......I've used it extensively on "boils".......
As a kid I recall a friend of my mother had a son who suffered from boils. 60 years later I still don't know what a boil is nor do I know of anyone other than the two of you having them. I figure maybe it's something I know by another name?
Old 07-13-2011, 03:58 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
LIVESTRONG:

Sweet Oil Articles
What Are the Uses of Sweet Oil?
Sweet oil, also known as oleum olivae or olive oil, is mainly used for seasoning, marinading and of course, cooking. Although it is usually used in the kitchen, it is also a key ingredient in a num...
The Remedies With Sweet Oil
sweet oil, also known as olive oil, is the main ingredient in several home remedies, including remedies for snoring and earaches. When using sweet oil, it's important to keep in mind that it isn't ...

Read more: Sweet Oil | LIVESTRONG.COM

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads