Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 10-18-2010, 11:56 AM  
Member
 
ncreptile's Avatar

Clayton, North Carolina
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31 | Kudos: +11
Do you have too many hobbies?

2 Years ago my hobbies were Computer Gaming/Builing and Milsurp Firearms.

Now my list as grown to
Guns,Computer Gaming,Jeeps,Mountain Biking and Tattoos(and no I do not look or plan to look like a biker).

Sure some are better than others :P But wow for a middle class person surviving on a part time job it sure is hard to choose which ones come first!!

If you have a serious hobby you know you cant choose your favorites and totally neglect the others without feeling annoyed.


So what hobbies do you have?
And beer drinking does not count.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:15 PM  
Senior Member

Sammamish, WA
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 386 | Kudos: +26
Images: 5
I don't have as much trouble affording my hobbies as I do having time for them.
In order of time I spend on them:

Bonsai
Gardening
Hiking
Laser cut/engraving crafts
Woodworking
Stained Glass
Home renovation
Fishing
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 PM  
Junior Member

Louisville, Kentucky
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 7 | Kudos: +10
I don't know if I have too many hobbies, or if my hobbies just require too much time & money......

Jeeps & working on cars
Free Masonry
wood working
welding / fabricating junk
Home improvement projects
and of course living on the computer
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 02:33 PM  
Member
 
TJinWV's Avatar

Fairmont, WV
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 61 | Kudos: +11
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncreptile View Post
2 Years ago my hobbies were Computer Gaming/Builing and Milsurp Firearms.

Now my list as grown to
Guns,Computer Gaming,Jeeps,Mountain Biking and Tattoos(and no I do not look or plan to look like a biker).

Sure some are better than others :P But wow for a middle class person surviving on a part time job it sure is hard to choose which ones come first!!

If you have a serious hobby you know you cant choose your favorites and totally neglect the others without feeling annoyed.


So what hobbies do you have?
And beer drinking does not count.
I had most of the same hobbies as you, except tattoos, and I'm a console gamer rather than computer gamer. But I'm a software developer, so I'm on a computer seemingly around the clock. Then throw in a muscle car, hunting and fishing, most sports, homebrewing, banjo, and RC cars for good measure. Then introduce wife and kids, and they all seem to disappear. Now I hardly even have time to work on the jeep.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 03:41 PM  
Member
 
ncreptile's Avatar

Clayton, North Carolina
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 31 | Kudos: +11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinWV View Post
I had most of the same hobbies as you, except tattoos, and I'm a console gamer rather than computer gamer. But I'm a software developer, so I'm on a computer seemingly around the clock. Then throw in a muscle car, hunting and fishing, most sports, homebrewing, banjo, and RC cars for good measure. Then introduce wife and kids, and they all seem to disappear. Now I hardly even have time to work on the jeep.
Oh the ex took care of my "gun collection" in short order. Gonna have to rebuild that if/when I enlist.

I never could get used to console gaming, im to lazy to switch from a laptop to the tv I like em all and one.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:02 PM  
facepalm
 
jeepcache's Avatar

Minot, ND
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722 | Kudos: +57
Images: 1
not trying to whine, but i used to. now my main hobby is work D:
__________________
"the path of greatest resistance reaps the greatest rewards"
-me
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 04:21 PM  
running around
 
helicase50's Avatar

Syracuse, NY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 161 | Kudos: +16
Yeah and certain ones suffer at different times.

Jeeps, Roller Derby, Racing (two wheels or four), Motorcycles, Tattoos, Piercings, Guns/shooting, Dog Training (scent work, like drugs and tracking), Snowboarding, random building around the house.

I used to be into stunting heavy not so much anymore
Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:20 PM  
Junior Member

roanoke, Texas
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10 | Kudos: +10
Many hobbies and no money for some reason
Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 07:18 AM  
Member
 
TJinWV's Avatar

Fairmont, WV
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 61 | Kudos: +11
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
Yeah and certain ones suffer at different times.

Jeeps, Roller Derby, Racing (two wheels or four), Motorcycles, Tattoos, Piercings, Guns/shooting, Dog Training (scent work, like drugs and tracking), Snowboarding, random building around the house.

I used to be into stunting heavy not so much anymore
stunting?

Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 11:30 AM  
running around
 
helicase50's Avatar

Syracuse, NY
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 161 | Kudos: +16
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinWV View Post
stunting?

Can't see the pic but yeah, motorcycle stunting. Now I only do it once in a while and I it hurts more when I fall and crash.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.