Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2010, 09:16 AM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
Keys, wallet, cell phone

Old 11-11-2010, 09:52 AM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Keys, wallet, change for coffee, travel mug, sunglasses and cell phone.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:10 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Keys; Gerber; cell phone, change, firearm, Grizzly Red; sunglasses
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 11-16-2010, 03:19 PM  

Maricopa, Arizona
Right front pocket - Ruger LCP
Left front pocket - Italian stiletto automatic knife
Right cargo pocket - Cell phone
Left cargo pocket - Money clip w/ ccw
Left ankle - Glock model 27
Left hand - Car key w/ OC-marker dye attached

Sometimes the Glock moves to 4:30 in a Galco Ultra Americn IWB
and the ankle bears a Bersa Thunder .380 or pro .45
Old 11-16-2010, 03:56 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by azvoiceman View Post
Right front pocket - Ruger LCP
Left front pocket - Italian stiletto automatic knife
Right cargo pocket - Cell phone
Left cargo pocket - Money clip w/ ccw
Left ankle - Glock model 27
Left hand - Car key w/ OC-marker dye attached

Sometimes the Glock moves to 4:30 in a Galco Ultra Americn IWB
and the ankle bears a Bersa Thunder .380 or pro .45
How do you like the LCP? I've been thinking about getting one. The reviews seem to be mixed, but they seem to be mixed on every gun I've ever heard of.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:27 PM  

Ruger LCP

Sir; you are asking ''azvoiceman''; maybe he'll chime back in

I share my experiences; purchased a Raspberry one; middle of this past summer; when ammo was a pain to fine.

I lucked into a couple of 100rd boxes; then another 50rd. Sir; I shoot many different handguns, single action, double action, semi's; and the such. I knew I wanted the LCP; I knew I wanted Raspberry
I have read that the early ones had some issues; I didn't waver.

My first outing; 50 rounds without a hic cup.
Second outing; 100 rounds; with a couple of friends shooting it
Third outing; I started trying to chase golf balls @approx 10-15 yds.

surprisingly accurate; isn't a thumb jammer; it will fit in many pockets; mine is here to stay
Old 11-16-2010, 05:58 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
Sir; you are asking ''azvoiceman''; maybe he'll chime back in

I share my experiences; purchased a Raspberry one; middle of this past summer; when ammo was a pain to fine.

I lucked into a couple of 100rd boxes; then another 50rd. Sir; I shoot many different handguns, single action, double action, semi's; and the such. I knew I wanted the LCP; I knew I wanted Raspberry
I have read that the early ones had some issues; I didn't waver.

My first outing; 50 rounds without a hic cup.
Second outing; 100 rounds; with a couple of friends shooting it
Third outing; I started trying to chase golf balls @approx 10-15 yds.

surprisingly accurate; isn't a thumb jammer; it will fit in many pockets; mine is here to stay
I've always thought that a pink gun would be somehow more intimidating. I mean think about it: Would you want to be the BG explaining how you got shot? You'd be a laughingstock in the recovery ward; in prison, well... You wouldn't be on top.

Seriously, though, I've been eyeballing it for a lightweight, summer carry. I like the manual slide-stop, missing on the P3AT. I am a bit leery about .380ACP, both in terms of availability and power, but I'm also worried about controllability with 9mm in something like the PF9.

How many rounds have you put through it? I usually put 100 rounds each through 2 guns every time I go to the range, and I try to go at least once a month.
Old 11-17-2010, 04:07 AM  

Ruger LCP

Sir; #of rounds. Unknown. Until the LCP, my primary concealed carry is SW638, year round. My carry piece can be .45 .40 .357 .38 now .380
Do I will I trust my shot, I trust the LCP, or it could go live somewhere else
We are discussing a seven pace firearm or less. Shot placement plays the greater role. My LCP has done some traveling; couple thousand miles through 7-8 states; middle of our hot summers. My opinion; light small enough for all my pocket carry ? needs
Colormy friends have enjoyed my color haha
Old 11-18-2010, 11:05 AM  

Maricopa, Arizona
Rivalarrival-

Sorry I could not reply sooner, but in my opinion the LCP is the best value in a small caliber pistol today.

I have put hundred of rounds of all types of ammunition and never once have I had an FTF or an FTE. Craig is correct, I never intended this gun to be used at over 10 yards. At that distance I can still post 2 inch groups center mass. I could not do the same with some of the others I compared it to.

The ergonomics are excellent, the gun feels very natural in your hand. That's good because the sites are just about useless. My ninety pound daughter and medium sized son-in-law have all shot the LCP with the same results, that's three different hand sizes. I had owned the pistol for several weeks before I found the enhanced magazine floorplate in the box. I switched out the standard for the enhanced for an even better grip on the gun.

When I made my purchase I compared the Kel-Tec, the Taurus, the S&W Bodygaurds, and and the LCR. The LCP has not let me down, I am firmly convinced I made the right choice. And no, I don't work for Ruger, I'm just a firearms nut who owns all types of firearms from all different manufacturers.

Hope this lengthy diatribe helps in making your decision.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:08 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by azvoiceman View Post
Rivalarrival-

Sorry I could not reply sooner, but in my opinion the LCP is the best value in a small caliber pistol today.

I have put hundred of rounds of all types of ammunition and never once have I had an FTF or an FTE. Craig is correct, I never intended this gun to be used at over 10 yards. At that distance I can still post 2 inch groups center mass. I could not do the same with some of the others I compared it to.

The ergonomics are excellent, the gun feels very natural in your hand. That's good because the sites are just about useless. My ninety pound daughter and medium sized son-in-law have all shot the LCP with the same results, that's three different hand sizes. I had owned the pistol for several weeks before I found the enhanced magazine floorplate in the box. I switched out the standard for the enhanced for an even better grip on the gun.

When I made my purchase I compared the Kel-Tec, the Taurus, the S&W Bodygaurds, and and the LCR. The LCP has not let me down, I am firmly convinced I made the right choice. And no, I don't work for Ruger, I'm just a firearms nut who owns all types of firearms from all different manufacturers.

Hope this lengthy diatribe helps in making your decision.
I appreciate it, yeah. I'd pretty much settled on the LCP, but those few bad reviews floating around have always worried me, and I've never been able to shoot one.

I have no illusions that it's anything but a close-in defensive weapon, a big compromise toward comfort and concealment. That's OK, that's what I'm looking for - a tiny, comfortable autoloader and a couple spare mags, to carry when I wouldn't be comfortable carrying anything bigger.

I'm rapidly becoming a gun nut, unfortunately, this economy hasn't been too conducive to gun nuttery.

But, I'm the oldest of 7 boys and 3 girls, 3 of us boys are pistol-age (and CCW licensed), 2 more are long-gun-age, and we pick up another toy every other month or so. Starting to get our arsenal put together. We're a little light on wheel guns and rifles, but we've got a fair assortment of pistols and shotguns.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!