Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 04:22 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Ruger

Sir; a follow-up on your concerns about Rugers first run LCP's.
Ruger fixed them; fixed them on Ruger's dime; and our time
My shooting partner; had a black one; in the first months that it was available.
It had the new problem; Ruger repaired/fixed; in a most timely manner.

Ruger warranty; none advertised. Ruger doesn't need a ''warranty''; call them; and they will fix it.
I have a few Ruger's; and will ???? have many more; ''funds'' hahhaha
The times I spent time calling Ruger for my screw ups; very friendly, very helpful, very polite; very knowledgeable to their product lines.

"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 11-19-2010, 01:42 PM  

Maricopa, Arizona
Rivalarrival-

Glad you're able to expand your arsenal.

I had heard about the problems with the initial run of the LCP's, but that Ruger had fixed the problem, and repaired the existing units at their expense, so I felt comfortable with my purchase.

Regards to your statement on back-up mags - I have a few old Cell Phone cases that work well in that regard, and even as a holster for certain pocket rockets.

If comfort is a bbig concern, you may want to try what I'm wearing right now. It's a Galco/Jackass Classic rig with two spare mags holding my Beretta 92fs for a total of 46 9mm rounds backed up by 7 rounds in .380 from "Elsie Pea".

Also 5.11 Tactical makes a great fanny pack that looks so small it could barely hold a Cell Phone, but in fact holds a full sized pistol and two spare mags, very deceptive.

One caveat, Rivalarrival, buy quality holsters, I have a great big box of "bargain" holster that were worn once and chucked in the back of the box. Save up for a good respectable brand and you won't be sorry.

Be range smart, stay range safe.

Greg

Old 11-19-2010, 05:50 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by azvoiceman View Post
Rivalarrival-

Glad you're able to expand your arsenal.

I had heard about the problems with the initial run of the LCP's, but that Ruger had fixed the problem, and repaired the existing units at their expense, so I felt comfortable with my purchase.

Regards to your statement on back-up mags - I have a few old Cell Phone cases that work well in that regard, and even as a holster for certain pocket rockets.

If comfort is a bbig concern, you may want to try what I'm wearing right now. It's a Galco/Jackass Classic rig with two spare mags holding my Beretta 92fs for a total of 46 9mm rounds backed up by 7 rounds in .380 from "Elsie Pea".

Also 5.11 Tactical makes a great fanny pack that looks so small it could barely hold a Cell Phone, but in fact holds a full sized pistol and two spare mags, very deceptive.

One caveat, Rivalarrival, buy quality holsters, I have a great big box of "bargain" holster that were worn once and chucked in the back of the box. Save up for a good respectable brand and you won't be sorry.

Be range smart, stay range safe.

Greg
That's not the first time I've heard the "quality holsters" speech.

I've got a Galco X-Project shoulder rig for the G26. I can't offer a good comparison as I haven't yet tried any other shoulder holsters, but I like it. It's a bit unusual - the harness and the holster are two separate pieces. You wear the harness under a shirt, and the holster grabs secures to two studs on the harness, through the shirt. I think it's one of those rigs that you'll either love it, or you'll hate it. I've worn it practically 24/7 for about 2 months now, I think it's plenty comfortable.

10+1 in the gun, and a pair of 17 round mags in a Fobus carrier on the belt = 45 9mm rounds at the ready.

I think I'd like a push-up holster at 2-3 o'clock:
Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Anyone have one/used one?
Old 11-20-2010, 11:47 AM  

Maricopa, Arizona
Yes, I own and use a couple, but I prefer the J-Hook models, Ultra American, and Tuck and Go, both by Galco. They are almost the same as the one you have pictured but they have the ability to allow you to tuck your shirt all the way over the gun, and only a small clip shows at the bottom of your belt. The hook goes behind the belt and turns upward at the bottom.

I have seen and been intrigued by the Matrix, or Project X holster, in fact it may be my next rig purchase at the upcoming gun show in Phoenix. Glad to hear that you enjoy it, I think i will too.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:15 PM  

God help you if you had an AD with that semi auto positioned that way!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:49 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Heh, yeah. But, such is a problem with many concealment options. No, you're probably not going to, uh... "take yourself out of the gene pool" with 5 o'clock IWB, but one could maim themselves - or die in seconds from blood loss if they hit the femoral artery - with an AD from that position.

It's another reason to buy a GOOD holster and practice safe gun handling at all times.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:33 PM  

Calgary, Alberta
wallet, keys iphone and my snody menace
Old 11-24-2010, 07:02 AM  

Roanoke, VA
Glock-23 w/safariland 5-way holster
xtra 10 rd mag
wallet
cell
keys
Sog folder that's razor sharp
pocket constitution
Old 11-24-2010, 04:37 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Here's one for ya.....

One day at the range, doing speed shooting at swinging steel targets, running a .45acp cocked(not locked at the time apparently) I shoved it into a Galco minimalist holster and bang. Shot me through the hip and came out my upper thigh. My carry knife deflected it away from my knee, thankfully.

What happened was the little "O" ring that secures the hammer while holstered, engaged the trigger when I reholstered.

I was alone, drove myself home, poured peroxide in the top hole, and it ran out the bottom hole....

After checking the pistol, the safety was on...never did figure out what exactly happened.

The manufacturer did send me a new pistol though....

Hurt like hell, switched holsters too..

FYI...I'm a vet. a trained armorer and have handled firearms all my life, but it only takes one mistake...

(flame time??)
Old 11-24-2010, 05:34 PM  

No flaming on this one. Crap happens. Just glad you're OK!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads