Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 12-08-2010, 03:44 PM  
Junior Member

Canton, OH
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 5 | Kudos: +10
(NCIS reference) Gibbs' Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife.

Mine is usuallya Gerber 4.5" folder.

Other stuff: keys, wallet, cell phone, pen.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:43 PM  
Member

Paron, Arkansas
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 46 | Kudos: +10
Aside from the usual stuff (Money, keys and my billfold) I carry my spare eyes, cellphone, loupe, Swiss Army Knife, spare magazine and my SIGPRO in .357SIG. I may also carry my Palm Pilot.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:50 PM  
Junior Member
 
TnRebel's Avatar

Kingsport, Tennessee
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 25 | Kudos: +11
Images: 1
My EDC
Taurus PT111 Mil Pro with two spare mags
Kel-Tec P3AT with one spare mag
two knifes and a cell phone


Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 09:18 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
I've added a Stanley "SportUtility Outdoorsman" knife... It's not the highest quality thing out there - not by a long shot - but it's a big bladed folder (3 1/4") combined with a standard, "boxcutter" utility knife.

It's definitely a cheap knife, but it's also one that I'm not afraid to abuse. And the cheap main blade lasts a lot longer because the disposable utility blades do most of the grunt work.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 09:23 AM  
Junior Member

Kalispell, Montana
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 24 | Kudos: +11
Pretty minimal junk here....having pockets full of misc. crap really annoys me.
My list is:
Keys
Wallet
Knife
Glock 29SF
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 04:05 PM  
Member
 
Krew400's Avatar

Deerwood, Minnesota
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 39 | Kudos: +12
Images: 2
Keys, wallet, 2 cell phones(work and personal), iTouch, Lighter, knife, and pen.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:41 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Keys, cash and ID.
Everything else is in my Jeep.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 03:46 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krew400 View Post
Keys, wallet, 2 cell phones(work and personal), iTouch, Lighter, knife, and pen.
Can you not route one to the other? My Dad does that for his work and personal.

He's never sure who's calling, he just answer it with his work spiel.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 11:19 AM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Can you not route one to the other? My Dad does that for his work and personal.

He's never sure who's calling, he just answer it with his work spiel.
There are many reasons why you (or your company) might not want that. Accounting, for one - do you want to pay for work calls/does your employer want to pay for personal calls?

Privacy - does your employer need to know the phone numbers of all your friends and family?

Legality - do-not-call lists apply only to private numbers, not business phones.

I handle it all with one phone as well, by forwarding everything through Google Voice, then having Google ring me. But there are many reasons why one might want multiple phones.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
There are many reasons why you (or your company) might not want that. Accounting, for one - do you want to pay for work calls/does your employer want to pay for personal calls?

Privacy - does your employer need to know the phone numbers of all your friends and family?

Legality - do-not-call lists apply only to private numbers, not business phones.

I handle it all with one phone as well, by forwarding everything through Google Voice, then having Google ring me. But there are many reasons why one might want multiple phones.
I think my Dad's case is very different from yours. He's now a Funeral Director for a home in Georgetown where he works with a friend of his. His employer pays for his phones, since he does route them to him, he's one of the 3 people that answer calls, and you'd be surprised how many people call at 3 am trying to discuss a bill.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.