Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2010, 01:37 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
grrrrr car dealers

So I went to a car dealer tonight, to do the dreaded "car shopping" blah de blah thingy.

Of course I go in there educated. I know more about their cars than they do.

Long story short, we find a Mazda 6 we both like (after passing up a Subaru Impreza that I really liked - happy wife happy life right?)

We sit down to talk numbers. I tell him what my 07 Jeep Sahara Unlimited is worth (around 20.5k, rough trade in.) He comes back and offers me 16k.

I go off a little bit. I tell him to leave the office and come back when he's serious - I probably could've been more cordial, but I'm a Marine and I get angered easily.

He comes back, we negotiate. I almost leave 3 times - each time he shaves a bit off the total price of everything.

FINALLY, I give him a bottom line number - for me to drive off the lot with the car tonight, this is what it's going to do, and not a penny more.

He comes back twenty minutes later, says okay, draws up the paperwork - and it's 500 more than we shook hands on. I ask him what that is, and he says random fees.

I just walked out. I couldn't believe my ears. If I would've stayed there it definitely would not have turned out pretty!

I HATE SHOPPING FOR CARS!!!!!!!!!!!

Next weekend, we'll go looking again...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-17-2010, 06:05 AM  
The Amish wolfman...

Terre Haute, Indiana
Don't you just love stealerships?

Out of all the vehicles i've had, only 2 came from a dealer.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:01 AM  
Poison Idea

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode lol

Also how dare you even think of selling the heep.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:31 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
why you selling the jeep for another 4 door 5 seat vehicle?
Old 10-17-2010, 01:38 PM  

Riverside, CA
Yeah, or when you buy a vehicle at night and over the next few months you discover you have scratched soft top windows, spiderweb paint cracks on the hood, a rear main seal leak, a front pinion seal leak, bad u-joints, a sagging rear passenger spring, a bad fuel pump, and faded seats and roll bar covers, and a window that's all chipped to hell. Oh, and a bent tow bar.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 10-17-2010, 01:42 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
whoops! that why i never ever ever by used. you dont know what your getting for a few months after the purchase...
Old 10-17-2010, 02:24 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Kinda like when I bought the Dodge truck I am driving now. After about a month it started to overheat and I found out the head gaskets were gone. I contacted the warrenty people and they had never heard of me or my truck. The dealer took the money I paid for the warranty and never did send the paper work into the warranty company. Big shimozle, after 6 weeks I get my truck back, fixed, but still no warranty. Got the lawyer involed and now I have a warranty.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:59 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
hah nice.

First off, I know I know guys. And sorry for even considering selling it, but my wife and I made a deal.

We always have a "nice car" and a "less nice car" - usually mine's the "less nice car", being the one that's just bought straight cash and not financed. Well, with the 07 unlimited I got the best of both worlds!

However, that came to an end - she wants a minivan-type car. So, we made a deal. We made a compromise on the "nice car" (I'll get to that in a minute), and I get to pick WHATEVER I want for the "less nice car".

So tomorrow I go in to sign the paperwork on an 07 Mazda 5. Google it, then come back and yell at me.

BUT I'm in the market for another Jeep! And ohhhhhh do I love getting cheap Jeeps and beatin em

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-18-2010, 06:50 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
you know Dodge/Chrysler gives you the military discount, it is like 500 off, I think sometimes it bumps to like 1000.

Just don't throw it out until you settle on the bottom price. Then bring it out. But check to see is Mazda or whatever has one too.
Old 10-18-2010, 07:21 AM  

Sammamish, WA
To me the "dreaded car buying experience" is a lot of fun. You have to take the attitude that there are many cars suiting your needs out there, and that none that you are going to consider is worth what they want for it, especially in this economy. If they won't meet your price/trade in then you walk out, as you finally did, with the satisfaction that you took up hours of their time leaving them nothing to show for it. Then move on to the next. It's been my experience that the Chrysler-jeep dealers are by far the worst, eben had one pull an orchestrated trick. After a test drive and 90 minutes of haggling, another salesman came in and asked for the keys to show it to "another customer", so figuring it was fake I grabbed the keys and handed them to him. When that didn't work they finally took my offer of $24k on a Liberty that was $32k on the sticker. My only experience with a Mazda dealer was actually pretty good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!