Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 06-13-2011, 05:05 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
Today has been great day so far, and life is good.
Today is also my last day on this forum.
Most of you are awesome people, and thanks for all the great posts, and fun.
If any of you wish to write me in the future, PM me your email adress, and I will write you and send you mine.
What in the name of all that's ridiculous is that all about. You can't just start a great thread and then bail out (unless I sell you a bail out bottle first )

Seriously, PM heading your way any second now.
__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:09 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Why is this necessary?

Google allows a certain amount of spam and since it irks users I figure there's a profit in there somewhere for Google.

Even with filters every day requires cleaning my mail boxes and I see no useful purpose in allowing obvious crap like these:


13/06/2011 - MICROSOFT WINNING NOTIFICATION. We happily announce to you the draw of


(no subject) - HONEST PARTNER NEEDED Hello, my name is Richard Tang from Hong Kong I


Si-Wan Park
Hello - Good day, I am Si-Wan Park, I have a business of $15557210.00 USD for you contact me


Email Award Notification, Download Attachment Letter!!!

FROM MRS KABIRA
PLEASE DEAR CAN I TRUST YOU?

MR JOHNSON KUMA
BUSINESS ASSISTANCE - Open the attachment and read my business proposal letter thanks
__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:14 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Make sure you mark it spam. Their filter is about the best I've found. Seems to get just about all the spam sent to me.
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 07:37 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
Make sure you mark it spam. Their filter is about the best I've found. Seems to get just about all the spam sent to me.
They manage to keep it out of my inbox adequately although lately A few more than normal sneak through.
The junk I'm trying to figure out is the spam Google knows full well is spam but could easily be nuked before reaching my spam folder. I could ignore it but some mail marked span often is not so I have to check it daily.

Another thing I find suspicious is that if I write to an unusual name like Lara I get spammed by Laras for a week. The spammers know more about my mail than I think they should.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:11 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Google allows a certain amount of spam and since it irks users I figure there's a profit in there somewhere for Google.

Even with filters every day requires cleaning my mail boxes and I see no useful purpose in allowing obvious crap like these:


13/06/2011 - MICROSOFT WINNING NOTIFICATION. We happily announce to you the draw of


(no subject) - HONEST PARTNER NEEDED Hello, my name is Richard Tang from Hong Kong I


Si-Wan Park
Hello - Good day, I am Si-Wan Park, I have a business of $15557210.00 USD for you contact me


Email Award Notification, Download Attachment Letter!!!

FROM MRS KABIRA
PLEASE DEAR CAN I TRUST YOU?

MR JOHNSON KUMA
BUSINESS ASSISTANCE - Open the attachment and read my business proposal letter thanks
Mrs. Kabira won my heart

Anyone who calls me dear on our info@ address at work has to be legit, right?
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:20 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Absolutely. Can I call you honey?

Whoever told me this engine swap would be easy, screw you.
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:29 PM  
Senior Member

Kent, Ohio
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,237 | Kudos: +67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Absolutely. Can I call you honey?

Whoever told me this engine swap would be easy, screw you.
Just replaced my Jeep motor a few weeks ago. It went in a hell of a lot easier than I expected!
__________________
We work together every damn day. --Jon Stewart
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 08:47 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
The actual swap was very straight forward. The little electrical gremlins afterward have taken twice as long as the actual swap as of yet.

I've got no power to my fuel rail or coil, but power to the distributor. Boo. I hate electrical with all my heart.
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:09 PM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
I'm telling you....it's the ECM or CPS, or TPS, or the sensor within the distributor.
Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 09:21 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
Mrs. Kabira won my heart
I thought hers the most original in months.
__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.