Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
I envy you.
Remove the dorrs here in BC & every cop that sees you will stop and ticket you.
I've heard about the over zealousness of constables in BC when it comes to Jeeps. I don't get it

I run doorless from spring to fall and have never had a problem in the last three years. I live next to a Sgt on the Montreal force and he assures me that as long as I have a mirror on the drivers side door I'm good to go. I bought myself a 5 buck bicycle mirror at Canadian Tire and fabricated a little bracket, and it works like a charm!

I've sat at a red light next to police cars and complimented the smiling female officers on their fine and professional demeanor, without them batting an eye at the lack of doors.

I also removed my spare tire holder, so I don't have a high mount brake light, but that's never been a problem here either.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
We don't see too many eagles here, but there's Red Tailed Hawks in abundance.
We have plenty of hawks here too, I think they are looking for "mexican food" (wife's chihuahuas) so I enclosed their "potty" area. Already lost one to a rattle snake.

Lake Havasu east aye blucher?, ha ha these guys are on this river and it's crowded on the holidays and about as wide as the Santa Monica fwy during rush hr in Los Angeles or something. GEEZ!! I usually just go camp out on the desert. Right now where I like to go is a "no open fires" zone.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:59 PM  

Kent, Ohio
A few months old, but I just came across it today...

5-year-old Boy Drops Loaded Gun at School (VIDEO) | Veracity Stew

Quote:
Florida police are investigating exactly how a 5-year-old boy came into possession of, then dropped a loaded gun in his pre-kindergarten music class this week. A teacher witnessed the .22-caliber handgun fall out of the young boy?s pocket and alerted officials. Fortunately, the gun did not discharge and no one was hurt, but the incident is the latest warning that our nation must seriously address gun control legislation.
So, the parents do something that is already illegal; the kid does something that is already illegal; and somehow creating more laws is going to prevent this from happening in the future?

The mindset of this blogger really grinds my gears.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:03 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Everything grinds my gears.

But on the bright side, a little drive in the Jeep makes it all go away
Old 05-31-2011, 09:08 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
I've heard about the over zealousness of constables in BC when it comes to Jeeps. I don't get it

I run doorless from spring to fall and have never had a problem in the last three years. I live next to a Sgt on the Montreal force and he assures me that as long as I have a mirror on the drivers side door I'm good to go. I bought myself a 5 buck bicycle mirror at Canadian Tire and fabricated a little bracket, and it works like a charm!

I've sat at a red light next to police cars and complimented the smiling female officers on their fine and professional demeanor, without them batting an eye at the lack of doors.

I also removed my spare tire holder, so I don't have a high mount brake light, but that's never been a problem here either.
Not here, I wish we could though.
Three times tried running doorless, twice I got caught, and ticketed. The once I never got a ticket, it was all backroads, and never saw a cop, or else guaranteed I would have.
I don't even care anymore, I will run doorless again, and the jerks can write me more tickets.
I have asked 3 cops, ICBC, and DOT why they say its illegal, and not once have i gotten an answer..............so its a bogus reason to harrass me, so screw them.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:48 PM  

Screw the Man!
Old 06-01-2011, 10:12 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
I usually just go camp out on the desert. Right now where I like to go is a "no open fires" zone.
What might burn? Is it like Texas and full of dry brush?

Around August things get pretty dry here but a week or two of September should keep the moss damp & happy.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:27 AM  

Shuswap, BC
The guy that never showed up 5 days ago just called, asking if he can now come look at the job.
I told him to F off.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
What might burn? Is it like Texas and full of dry brush?

Around August things get pretty dry here but a week or two of September should keep the moss damp & happy.
Nope, just flat endless sand with an occassional rattlesnake guarding his spot in the shade under a cactus. Eveything burns when it's HOT enough ya know. ALL parched un dry like that gets all them PAIZEN snakes all ralled up and makes em get all balled up ready ta STRIKE out un take a bite right off yur leg ya know, not that you'ld care once their PAIZEN gets to yur gizzerd un makes yur PARILAZED from the throat down in the HOT SCORCHUN, BURNIN, WADDURLESS, DEZZERD SUN.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:00 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Everything grinds my gears.

But on the bright side, a little drive in the Jeep makes it all go away
I just rant for whoever will listen.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.