Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-22-2011, 01:18 AM  

Georgia
Kids in Apartments

The kids upstairs are driving me nuts. Here are 8 tips for raising kids in an apartment that I wish our upstairs neighbors would follow:

Eight Tips For Living With Kids In An Apartment

You guys got any way to make rude neighbors simmer down?

Old 01-22-2011, 05:36 AM  
Poison Idea

A shotgun.

People that used to live above me at my old place in the county drove me absolutely nuts. They'd sit their fat asses on their porch smoking all day instead of taking their todler to the playground that was a 100 yards away so come about 8 PM that kid would start stomping/running back and forth across their apartment til about 1 AM. You could distinctly here him literally running from one end to the other and back.

Of course the people that are above me now aren't much better. They're 2 300+ pound nerds with a million cats who vacuum constantly and never leave the house unless they're going to work.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:52 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
Have you tried talking to them? What did they say?
Old 01-23-2011, 10:16 PM  
Poison Idea

The people at the old place just kind of blew us off about it. They sucked, but they ended up getting evicted over the last summer I was there. Was dry as hell out but that didn't stop them from flicking their cig butts over the railing into the mulch and grass. Sure enough they caught the mulch bed in front of my apartment on fire.

As for the people above my place now, it's damn near impossible to talk to them. If they're home they won't even answer their door unless they're expecting something from UPS or something, and even then they leave notes at the front door with delivery instructions so they don't have to sign for anything. I've never seen inside the apartment, but they used to live next door and they moved upstairs (there's only 4 units in our building) when the last guy moved out and it took them over a week. I'm pretty sure they're hoarders.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:17 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Before the Corps, I used to live in a 4-unit building like that down in Missouri for about 6 months. Luckily, my upstairs neighbors were never home. My next door neighbors, however, were super nice, but they completely ignored their 4 boys, and it showed. It was really sad - my roommate and I ended up spending more time with their kids than they did - they'd come over and watch movies, sleep over, we'd take them to school, blah de blah. Some people just make me more sad than mad.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 AM  
Supporting Member

Krum, Tx
Sorry about your situation, when traveling, the wife and I always stay on the top floor of the Motel!! Been burnt many times when kids burn off steam after being cooped up in a car all day!!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I live this way, not as easy as it sounds.

People in Apartments shouldn't own dogs.

You leave for work, the thing whines the majority of the day, you get home it gallops around.

I would rather be stuck with parents than pets, and day of the week.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.