Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 07-21-2011, 10:09 AM  
Traveler

O'Reilly on Rupert Murdoch

The Right Word: Bill O'Reilly breaks Fox News silence on phone hacking | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

I haven't been keeping up--they say he left the UK after the hearing.

Does anyone have an update?

I suppose we can talk about this--We/The Media--for the rest of the summer and beyond.

Old 07-22-2011, 09:43 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
so far on fox they have worked hard to minimize the issue, often stating ireelevant things like comparing the situation to other companies who have been hacked.......

like they completely don't understand the difference between hacking and being hacked and that they are not at the same level. This also shows the dangerous side of all these mergers and buyouts in the news world as a pretty sizable amount of our news media is avoiding this or at least is poised to be heavily biased

Old 07-22-2011, 11:55 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Infotainment News thrives on hype. Does anyone think Nancy Grace is a journalist?

News of the World tossed out any pretense of journalism when they preyed on the victims for headlines.
O'Reilly on Rupert Murdoch-fauxnews8.jpg 

Old 07-22-2011, 01:53 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
so far on fox they have worked hard to minimize the issue, often stating ireelevant things like comparing the situation to other companies who have been hacked.......

like they completely don't understand the difference between hacking and being hacked and that they are not at the same level. This also shows the dangerous side of all these mergers and buyouts in the news world as a pretty sizable amount of our news media is avoiding this or at least is poised to be heavily biased
SNARL--'avoiding this'---lol--why the defensive behavior--they are 'objective' aren't they--the journalists? This is a big story--let's see the same ruthless investigative skills that would be utilized if such a story broke in any other area---they were all over Rep Weiner and Arnold Scharzenegger---those were minor stories. This one is juicy and they should gnaw on the bone until it is is bare.

Geraldo--get right on this. lol.

Protect your own---that is not 'Journalism'--poor wittle babies.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:56 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Infotainment News thrives on hype. Does anyone think Nancy Grace is a journalist?

News of the World tossed out any pretense of journalism when they preyed on the victims for headlines.
Atlanta's own Nancy--she was interviewed by? Piers Morgan--someone the other night and they showed clips of her now deceased fiancee---which led to her career as a prosecutor. You would have needed a box of Kleenex.

She doesn't live far from me--on an estate in Brookhaven--the old money area of Atlanta---I've been meaning to drive by---how many millions must she make every day--I would love to know.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:57 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
She took one story of a missing girl and milked it for two years. No tissues for me, I can't stand just seeing her face anymore.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
She took one story of a missing girl and milked it for two years. No tissues for me, I can't stand just seeing her face anymore.
I know it sounds heartless but it seemed to me the child's death was trivialized---all those pictures of the toddler---just too much.

Greta Van Sustern does a better job, jmo. I followed the Natalee Holloway case for a while and have some regard for Greta's work.

Maybe Casey and Joran Van Der Sloot---a new couple?

Would they produce the spawn of the devil--probably--no exorcism for that sort of creature. We should really study them and try to find out how to keep from producing more. jmo.
Old 07-23-2011, 11:27 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Greta Van Sustern does a better job, jmo
better atty. & journalist
Old 07-26-2011, 09:34 PM  

Chicago, Illinois
yeah~right~what a drama and farce!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!