Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-08-2012, 05:00 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Pink Slime

http://shine.yahoo.com/healthy-livin...180500764.html

Old 03-08-2012, 05:20 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Right. And then you have that school that gave a kid chicken nuggets, which have questionable nutritional value to me, because the mom packed an "inappropriate" lunch.

We let our daughter get a school lunch once a week as a treat. I'll be checking the menu carefully for ground beef and making her lunch on those days. Hot dogs too. Any meat liquefied and run through a strainer really.

This quote from the story says it all: "My main objection was that it was not meat"

Old 03-08-2012, 05:25 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
There was a recent story on McNuggets that said they were 1/2 chicken and 1/2 silicone.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:26 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Here's some real bullcrap for you. I work in the medical device field and have had several devices that we have proven to be safe and effective by human clinical trials, that the FDA has taken years to approve, for no reason. But they fast track pink slime and proceed to put it into my 5 year old's lunch. Bishes.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:00 AM  

Massillon, Ohio
Your Medical Device manufacturers just aren't paying the right people enough money!
Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 AM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlass327 View Post
Your Medical Device manufacturers just aren't paying the right people enough money!
That's exactly it! In the case of the pink slime, I see USDA behind it. In my case, we're small privately (under)funded start ups with no money to pay. And I do mean pay, i.e. legal bribery ala "user fees" http://www.fda.gov/MedicalDevices/De...MA/default.htm

Larger companies that have a lot of money pay through the nose to get a product on the market. There are waivers for small companies who are giving their first submission, but their reviews tend to take longer for some strange reason...
Old 03-09-2012, 11:09 AM  

Massillon, Ohio
It's really sad too how the administration in charge of our food safety is /can be run by a CEO of a food manufacturer. Did that guy from that 'agent orange' manufacturing company finally get appointed to head the FDA?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads