Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2010, 07:54 PM  

Franklin, TN
I feel your pain. Luckily a few places in TN still grow their own tobacco so you can get some high quality stuff for fairly cheap. I've never heard of that tobacco blend, is it local?

Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I went to college in Kansas, and they had some goodddd tobbacco shops there, so I used to smoke pipes all the time. We looked like old men, sitting in a circle in a corn field hah, good times!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-02-2010, 10:34 AM  

Riverside, CA
I now have 3 briar pipes. I have been smoking this stuff called "Wilshire." I have been getting it at the TinderBox for $4 an ounce. It's actually really good. It smokes nice and cool and it's always fresh there. Most of the smoke shops around here don't keep fresh product in, so I get it there.

Honey/Maple is among my favorite variety as well.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I went to college in Kansas, and they had some goodddd tobbacco shops there, so I used to smoke pipes all the time. We looked like old men, sitting in a circle in a corn field hah, good times!
Pipe smoking is always associated with old men for some reason ah well, I would much rather smoke a pipe, or a cigar, than cigarettes. At least you enjoyed it and that's all that matters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated
I now have 3 briar pipes. I have been smoking this stuff called "Wilshire." I have been getting it at the TinderBox for $4 an ounce. It's actually really good. It smokes nice and cool and it's always fresh there. Most of the smoke shops around here don't keep fresh product in, so I get it there.

Honey/Maple is among my favorite variety as well.
So you smoke alot of aromatics? I only have 2 pipes, a Dr. Grabow (my first, wanted to try it out and bought a cheapy) and my Chacom, which is my current. I smoke Westminster in it, and it is a traditional, non-aromatic english blend. I really want to try a good aromatic, though.

Vin, can you look at this website and recommend a good aromatic to me? They have a pretty wide selection and it's where I usually buy from since the tobacco stores around here don't sell much other than lighters and cigarettes. I haven't really tried any good aromatics and I want to try something sweet, honey, maple, vanilla, chocolate, you know. I would like to get a rotation going.

Home | Chicago's Pipe, Cigar & Tobacco Store | Iwan Ries & Co.
Old 09-02-2010, 12:36 PM  

Riverside, CA
Check your CP PM's

Old 09-07-2010, 11:21 AM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Just ordered me a sampler of Iwan Ries Cavendish... I was not aware that they were all 7oz packs. Wow that's alot of tobacco for a casual smoker I feel like a drug dealer! :rofl:

Guess I'll find some I like and then put the rest on ice for awhile.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:23 PM  

Riverside, CA
Don't freeze/refridgerate your tobacco. It could dry it out or possibly lose it's flavor. It's always a good idea to keep it in a tight, sealed container in a cool place.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:36 PM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post
Don't freeze/refridgerate your tobacco. It could dry it out or possibly lose it's flavor. It's always a good idea to keep it in a tight, sealed container in a cool place.
I didn't literally mean put it on ice :rofl: I meant store it
Old 09-14-2010, 12:04 PM  

Riverside, CA
:rofl: Good then. That would be bad.. ha ha

Old 09-14-2010, 01:10 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindicated View Post

Really? I used to put my cartons in the freezer when I used to smoke, and I thought it made them taste way better.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!