Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 10:40 AM  

Wilmington, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Light bulbs are warrantied if I'm not mistaken. If it's worth it to you hold onto the receipt and demand your refund.
I was never one to hang onto receipts. I always get lost in a pile of them and end up turning on the fan by mistake, blowing them all off the counter.

Old 10-15-2010, 10:56 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I keep all my receipts, the wife throws them away for me.

Old 10-15-2010, 11:54 AM  
Ill be back....

Pearland, Texas
x2

(this text is strictly in place to satisfy a minimum character count in order to allow this post to be accepted into this particular forum system. It is not to be judged for anything other than its intended purpose. In the event that it is mistakenly judged for an incorrect reason, other than said purpose, it is hereby stated again, that the purpose of this text is simply to satisfy the minimum character count required to submit a post within this forum system)
Old 10-15-2010, 01:25 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
If the internet has taught me anything , I am not alone.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:23 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
its taught me lots of other things too lol
Old 10-25-2010, 11:37 AM  

After filing my extended warranty claim with American Express on my broken laptop computer, I received the following message today:

Claim No.......:
Examiner ID..:
AMEX Assurance Company
Extended Warranty
Post Office Box 981553
El Paso, TX 79998-9920
1-800-225-3750 Toll Free Phone
October 25, 2010 1-800-858-5971 Toll Free Fax
Dear (havasu):
Thank you for choosing to use your American Express Card for your purchases. We are pleased to inform you that payment has been approved for your Extended Warranty program claim. Your payment of ($*****) has been processed as a credit to your American Express Account. If you have any questions, please call your Extended Warranty program Customer Service Department at 1-800-225-3750. A representative is available to assist you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

In addition to the Extended Warranty program there are many other retail, travel and customer service benefits that are available to American Express Cardmembers, so be sure to use your American Express Card for all of your purchases.

Thank you again for using your American Express Card!

Sincerely,
Your Extended Warranty program Claims Examiner

As previously mentioned, paying for electronics using AMEX or another qualified credit card automatically doubles your warranty, and the claim was quick and painless. I highly recommend them!
Old 10-25-2010, 02:05 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
its taught me lots of other things too lol
You mean Jeep stuff?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:13 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Planned obsolescence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I'm coming to believe that planned obsolescence is becoming very, very increased in our consumer goods.

Anyone else notice a certain type of item that always breaks down after a suspicious period like 2 years such as vacuums, computer printers, etc.
I think the issue is more that consumers want items cheap, with a low price and then cheap, few people ever look at reliability ratings or the quality of an item, it comes down to how big of a tv can I get for $XXX

Manufacturers will meet that demand.

As for vacuum cleaners, a lot of older stuff used to be really sold by word of mouth/ reputation. Manufacturers also used to care about reliability and consumer complaints. now it only matters if it becomes a HUGE issue and the situation works it's way up to top management it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
The computer printer thing does piss me off especially in light of ink cartridges costing almost as much the device.
in 2000 the standard mid-level printer HP ink cartridge held about 40ml of ink, today the high end of consumer grade HP printers hold about 20ml of ink, with the lower end having about 12ml
Old 10-29-2010, 09:48 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I think the issue is industrialism, but that's an argument best saved for the politics section.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

» Recent Threads