Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-22-2011, 09:21 PM  

Layton, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu
Great pics and I won't even comment on that lucky tree!
Thanks! I'm going out next Friday and I'll post pictures of me in my jeep I think it's about time to take her out again.

Old 12-28-2011, 02:02 PM  
fustrated genius

Great pics

Old 01-10-2012, 12:39 PM  

................Time for a bump...............
random pictures from your camera-143.jpg 

Old 01-11-2012, 07:11 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
This one belongs to my son's girlfriend.
random pictures from your camera-dsc01369.jpg 

Old 01-15-2012, 05:19 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's a few I took of the "Moon" a couple mornings ago when I let the dogs out for their morning outing......the first is what it looked like with no "zoom", the second is 12x, and the third is at 48x........my camera is 12 power optical and 4x digital for 48x......
Canon Powershot S2 IS....5 meg.px....I had it "propped" against the wall, but was still a little shaky...have to try it next time with the "tri pod"...and, they haven't been "photo edited"........
random pictures from your camera-img_8658.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_8659.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_8651.jpg 

Old 01-15-2012, 05:39 AM  
Supporting Member

Here's a few more of the "Moon" that I've taken over the last several years......some may be "dups", but notice on the first photo where something that made the "crater" near the bottom has "spewed" over and left its mark on the lower quarter area of the moon, like a volcano has erupted and ran down leaving its mark...don't remember ever hearing about this and that the moon took such a hard hit....and, some of them have been edited to bring out these details.......
random pictures from your camera-moon-over-cherry-grove-fishing-pier-sept.-2005_edited.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-07-24-2005_011_fixed-1-_edited.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_0011-.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_0056.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_7131.jpg 

Old 01-15-2012, 09:41 AM  

Houston, Texas
Those are some great pics. This is something I have been interested in doing for a long time. I'm a gadget nut anyway and would be interested in finding out what set-up you use, telescope and type, camera, etc. Post some pics of your set-up? Great shots, keep up the great work. I really enjoy your post and appreciate your time and effort.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:13 AM  
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Those are some great pics. This is something I have been interested in doing for a long time. I'm a gadget nut anyway and would be interested in finding out what set-up you use, telescope and type, camera, etc. Post some pics of your set-up? Great shots, keep up the great work. I really enjoy your post and appreciate your time and effort.
Thanks for your nice response ....... I don't have a telescope, just my camera which can zoom to 48 power as I noted above.....it is pretty old now, but can
still be purchased at a greatly reduced price from what I paid originally for mine.....here's a couple links which tells the features and what others have had to say about it..........of course, there are many later versions you will want to consider.........and, a standard tri-pod for holding it more steadily....should you not be aware, you take the optical power and multiply it by the digital power to get the overall power of your camera....as mine, 12x optical times the 4x digital equals the 48x I noted above...let me know if I can help further.........

Here's an ebay link which shows a great price (paid $650 for mine) and gives the specs. on the camera...I've "copied and pasted" them in the "quote" below.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-PowerS...item4cfd8000b3

Canon PowerShot S2 IS 5.0 MP Digital Camera - Silver 13803051629 | eBay

https://www.google.com/search?q=cano...w=1074&bih=554

https://www.google.com/search?q=cano...w=1074&bih=554

Amazon.com: Customer Discussions: Canon Powershot S2 IS 5MP Digital Camera with 12x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom forum

Canon PowerShot S2 IS 5 MP Digital Camera

[quote

Detailed item info
Product Information
With a wide to super telephoto 12x optical zoom lens and both exceptional digital camera and video functionality, the PowerShot S2 IS gives you the freedom to capture every scene, any way you want.With Optical Image Stabilizer (IS), Ultrasonic Motor (USM) and a UD lens element, the PowerShot S2 IS's 12x optical zoom is no ordinary lens. Optical IS works to counteract camera shake - even at full zoom and in low light conditions - for ultra sharp photos and movies. USM provides super responsive, smooth and near silent zoom, while the UD element reduces chromatic aberrations for razor sharp images with superb color accuracy. A super macro mode allows for precise focusing no matter how close you get to your subject.Combine the powerful lens with capacity to shoot up to 60 minutes of VGA quality movies with full stereo sound. A dedicated movie button gets you shooting immediately in either 15 or 30 fps to ensure you never miss those once in a lifetime moments. The Photo In Movie feature allows full resolution digital stills to be taken whilst shooting a movie. The DIGIC II processor delivers incredible 2.4 fps continuous shooting, super fast auto focus and rapid start up, plus superb color rendering and white balance accuracy for natural skin tones and rich, vibrant colors.For the ultimate in creative control over digital stills and movies, the PowerShot S2 IS provides 18 shooting modes. These include 6 Special Scene modes for great results in tricky lighting conditions, and My Colors for special effect color swapping and manipulation. Direct manual control is available over a multitude of settings, such as focus, IS mode, shutter speed and aperture, and audio sampling rate.A 1.8" vari-angle LCD maximizes shooting and playback pleasure, with Night Display for improved visibility in low light. Extend your zoom range to a staggering 27mm - 648mm with optional wide- and tele- converter lenses. Other optional accessories available include a close-up lens and High-Power Flash. For your post-shooting creativity, a variety of editing software is included and you can also print direct without a PC to any PictBridge or Canon Direct Print compatible photo printer.

Product Identifiers

Brand
Canon

Model
S2 IS

MPN
9883A009AA

UPC

Key Features

Camera Type
Point & Shoot

Optical Zoom
12x

Digital Zoom
4x

Sensor Resolution
5.0 MP

Screen Size
1.8"

Optical Sensor

Sensor Size
1/2.5"

Sensor Type
CCD

Lens System

Lens Type
Zoom lens

Focal Length Range
6mm - 72mm

Macro Focus Range
0-50cm

Focus Adjustment
Automatic, Manual

Lens System Features
Aspherical Lens, UD Glass, Ultrasonic Motor (USM)

Auto Focus type
TTL contrast detection

Lens Construction
9 group(s) / 11 element(s)

Focal Length Equivalent to 35mm Camera
36 - 432mm

Exposure

Max Shutter Speed
1/3200 sec

Min Shutter Speed
15 sec

Exposure compensation
?2 EV range, in 1/3 EV steps

Exposure Metering
Center-Weighted, Evaluative, Spot, spot AF area

Exposure Modes
Aperture-Priority, Automatic, Manual, Program, Shutter-Priority

Light Sensitivity
ISO 100, ISO 200, ISO 400, ISO 50, ISO auto

Light Sensitivity Max

Camera Flash

Flash Type
Pop-up Flash

Red Eye Reduction
Yes

Effective Flash Range
0.7 m - 5.2 m

Camera Flash Features
AF Illuminator, Flash +/- Compensation

Flash Modes
Auto Mode, Fill-in Mode, OFF mode, Rear Curtain Sync, Red-eye Reduction, Slow Synchro

Memory / Storage

Supported Flash Memory
SD Memory Card

Viewfinder

Viewfinder Type
Electronic

Viewfinder - Field Coverage
100%

Viewfinder Diagonal Size
0.33"

Dioptric Correction Range
-5.5 to +1.5

Dimensions

Depth
3 in.

Height
3.1 in.

Width
4.4 in.

Weight
14.3 Oz.

Display
Display Type
LCD

Display Rotation
Rotating

Screen Details
LCD display - TFT active matrix - 1.8" - color

Display Size
1.8"

Microphone

Microphone Type
Microphone - built-in - stereo

Microphone Operation Mode
Stereo

Connections
Connector Types
1 x USB, 1 x composite video/audio output

Expansion Slot
1 x SD Memory Card, SD Memory Card

System Requirements for PC Connection

Operating System Supported
Apple Mac OS X 10.1.5 - 10.3, MS Windows 2000, MS Windows 98 SE, MS Windows ME, MS Windows XP

Battery
4 AA cell (I use the rechargable with good success)

Battery Form Factor
Standard form factor

File Format

Digital Video Format
AVI

Still Image Format
JPEG

Environmental Parameters

Min Operating Temperature
0 ?C

Max Operating Temperature
40 ?C

Other Features

Additional Features
AE/FE Lock, AF Lock, Audio Recording, Auto Power Save, Brightness Control, Built-In Speaker, DPOF Support, Digital Image Rotation, Digital Noise Reduction, Direct Print, Focus Bracketing, Histogram Display, Orientation Detection, PictBridge Support, RGB Primary Color Filter, USB 2.0 Compatibility

Shooting Modes
Frame Movie Mode

Miscellaneous

Color
Silver

Shooting Programs
Beach, Fireworks, Foliage, Indoor, Landscape, Night scene, Night snapshot, Portrait mode, Snow, Stitch assist

Special Effects
Black & White, Contrast compensation, Custom Effect, Low Sharpening, Neutral, Saturation, Sepia, Vivid

Continuous Shooting Speed
1.5 frames per second, 2.4 frames per second
][/quote]
Old 01-15-2012, 04:42 PM  

Houston, Texas
Those are still great pics. You must live away from too much light pollution to get pics like that. Thanks for the info. Pics like that are much easier than I thought they would be.
Old 01-15-2012, 06:35 PM  
Supporting Member

The Canon Powershot S2 IS Camera photographs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
Those are still great pics. You must live away from too much light pollution to get pics like that. Thanks for the info. Pics like that are much easier than I thought they would be.
Thanks, again....I keep the camera handy and photograph everything......
Here's another example for you...first photo, actual distance, second at 12x and the third is at the 48x zoomed in......and not edited.....the forth is a buzzard and the fifth, well, I like reflections..... Reflection from granddaughters car.......
random pictures from your camera-img_8734.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_8735.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_8736.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_8586.jpg 

random pictures from your camera-img_7956.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads