Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reoccurring Dreams

I have many reoccurring dreams, and they drive me up the bloody wall. I think it has something do with my night terrors/anxieties (I basically go into fight or flight mode when I come out of REM sleep and wake up) but I am not too sure. I've had other odd occurring that I do not remember.

Anyways, the current reoccurring dream I having I have had three times already and it leaves me in a sweat. The dream starts out with me waking up in my dream to pitch black and hearing gun shots and my dogs yelping. I feel for Andy next to me and he isn't there and I am unable to move my legs. The entity then enters my room and takes me and then I wake up. It's made me paranoid to go to sleep, but I think that just might be the problem, because I am thinking about it I keep dreaming about it?

Another odd thing that has happened lately is according to Andy I was leaned up on my elbow staring at him, but I was asleep and "not there". He woke up that way and I confused as hell. Scared the hell out of him however lol.

I think I have an overactive brain when I sleep.

Right now I am too paranoid to go to sleep. Any else have an experiences like this?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:42 PM  

Seems to me like you have concerns about losing him. It must be love!

Try working as a cop for 25 years. I've had some knock down, drag out fights (dreams) and wake up getting ready to punch my wife out! It would always scare the hell out of her. Now that she moved out, the dreams have gone, but again, having the inability to sleep could be part of the problem.

Old 10-02-2011, 12:17 AM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

I have kicked Andy in the shin and elbowed him quite a few times.

I couldn't imagine being a cop, do you ever look at the scenarios you witness and think, "This could happen to me"?
Old 10-02-2011, 02:15 AM  

Pasadena, CA
I have had recurring dreams at various points throughout my life. Some have been pleasant, & some very intense life & death type situations. I also wake up reacting as if the situation were real & continuing to happen.

The technique that has helped me, is to remember & relive the dream while awake. Go thru it step by step as best as you can remember, but change the end. Bring it to a good solution that leaves you at peace. Have the cops show up & catch the gunmen before they cause trouble, or have the gunshot sounds turn out to be overhead fireworks that you go watch & enjoy. Make the end something very different than the original dream & something that will satisfy your concerns. Repeat this several times to teach yourself this new resolution to the problem that you are trying to solve in your sleep. You might not even dream it again once you have solved it to your satisfaction. It sure has helped me.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:22 AM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

I've never thought of it that way. I guess I should go to bed with knowing that it's going to turn out a good dream and not set myself for a bad one.

It's a vicious cycle!
Old 10-02-2011, 11:39 AM  
fustrated genius

As a kid I had a reoccurring dream that pavement was coming UP at my face. I had it several times. Then I was one day riding to see a fire across town on my bicycle and hit a turn hauling tail around the corner of the fire dept., and hit a chuck hole. Apparently my front tire went into the hole and I was launched over the handle bars and remember seeing that pavement come up into my face in slo-mo. Shoved my tooth threw my lip. Knocked me out for a second, blood everywhere. I got up and walked home. Several people were trying to get me to go inside the firestation but I walked home instead, left the bicycle in the street. Some kid brought to my house for me. First last, and only re ocurring dream I ever had, and it came true.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 AM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

That's eerie. Sounds awful! I bet that hurt a lot. How many stitches did you have to get? That was nice of the kid to bring your bike back to you
Old 10-02-2011, 01:43 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I've been starting to have dreams that I used to have when I was a little kid.
I think I'm regressing.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:03 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
That's eerie. Sounds awful! I bet that hurt a lot. How many stitches did you have to get? That was nice of the kid to bring your bike back to you
I had 6 on the skin between the nose and lip. My face had road rash and I missed school a whole week.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:08 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Sarah,

I have issues much like yours, except I punch.

When I start going through it I sleep on an air mattress. My Dad and Brother both have the same issue.

Does anyone else in your family talk or move or fight in there sleep?

It really freaks people out.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!