Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2011, 05:54 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
RIP Steve Jobs

Another visionary moves on. Sad.
RIP Steve Jobs-picture-1.jpg 

Old 10-08-2011, 02:53 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I agree brother. I greatly respect him.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-08-2011, 08:31 AM  

This just shows everyone that money without health is just useless paper. Take care of yourself and enjoy life because we all have a time clock within us.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:37 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu
This just shows everyone that money without health is just useless paper. Take care of yourself and enjoy life because we all have a time clock within us.
Wisely spoken. This is something I've made a point of paying attention to lately - just enjoying the little things!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-09-2011, 09:06 AM  

Houston, Texas
Very well said. I'm 58 and excellent health, very fit. I see people every day, younger than myself, who can't get up out of a chair or up a flight of stairs without help. And I'm grateful it.'s not me. Makes me want to stay in shape and die when I'm 92, shot in the back by a husband while going out a window with my pants in my hand.
Old 10-12-2011, 01:03 AM  
Traveler

it is bad--pancreatic cancer---

very bad--very bad

i am a diabetic---scary--very scary--liver, pancreas---i don't look forward to many more years.

diabetes runs rampant in my family--bad disease--crying.

many of us have to face those facts.

my grandmother, my aunt, the historian of our family---2nd cousin---one of the finest people to ever live. he really was.

which comes first--depression or the physical illnesses? i wonder.

i really do.
Old 10-13-2011, 02:35 AM  

Australia
R.I.P Mr. Job

Steve Job - an Iconic Legends of all times. Many are inspired on his work and being a good father which is very hard working and innovative man. He changes the world of technology
Old 10-15-2011, 08:35 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Lets not forget out brave men and women of our military that are dieing everyday, so that we have the right to openly voice our thoughts and prayers here.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:45 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Lets not forget out brave men and women of our military that are dieing everyday, so that we have the right to openly voice our thoughts and prayers here.
jmo, we should all be able to do that--each and everyone of us--brave and dying for lack of 'many things'--ridiculous. No sense thinking the government can ever fix all that goes wrong in so many lives.

i will continue to do 'something' as i see the needs. many believe that this is one way that the enormous and overwhelming problems can really be solved.

i am a 'good reformer'--one of the best, in fact. what i did for the customers of my local Target is invaluable. one thing at a time.

those who focus on standing around screaming about what is wrong are not contributing much to resolving problems.

more work for the rest of us --but if that is what 'helps' them --they have a right. there was screaming about Viet Nam--i well remember that. no one can forget what Jane Fonda did at that time. she lived in Atlanta for a while--seemed to have changed her ways. philanthropic---did/is doing a lot of good for many who critically need such help. i don't believe we should be focused on changing the past--which cannot be done. nor do i believe we should examine each other so critically --everyone makes mistakes--most learn and do better--forgive as well as you can.

i personally do not think we should completely 'forgive/forget' those responsible for terrorism. jmo. evil must be confronted and consequences must be appropriate. how much more money should go to building prisons to accomodate criminals i don't know.

steve jobs---was the topic of this thread--to my knowledge--i suppose the military uses his products and is grateful to steve jobs. that is the only way i can connect the quoted thoughts to the military.

praying that i can be forgiven if i took the thread away from the op's topic.
Old 10-15-2011, 11:49 PM  
Traveler

Report: Jobs memorial planned at Stanford Sunday *| ajc.com

gotta admire Apple if they can keep the media away. CNN will still find a way to get the 'scoop'---Fox, too and all the rest--i would wager.

NEW YORK — Apple is holding a memorial service for Steve Jobs on Sunday at Stanford University.

.Invitations have gone out to Silicon Valley luminaries and other people close to Jobs, The Wall Street Journal reported. Apple told the newspaper that the evening event is private.

Calls The Associated Press made to Stanford on Saturday seeking details of the event were not returned.

Apple has said no public services are planned.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!