Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

View Poll Results: would you have stayed to help?
i would have pulled him out 12 44.44%
i would have left when the drama started 14 51.85%
i would have never stopped 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-12-2010, 02:34 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
On a side note, I had no idea you could click on the number of votes and actually see who voted what! Nifty!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-13-2010, 07:28 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
On a side note, I had no idea you could click on the number of votes and actually see who voted what! Nifty!
Yeah, that is cool....thanks for pointing it out

Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
when you make a poll it gives you the option to make votes public, which enables that.
Old 12-13-2010, 04:21 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
when you make a poll it gives you the option to make votes public, which enables that.
what do you think of your poll?

Kinda hard to put oneself in your shoes, I still think you did good....
Old 12-14-2010, 08:09 AM  
Decent human being

Renton, WA
I would have left. I do not help people out of ditches since in Wa its illegal in most cases and a tow truck must be called. Also I dont want to get sued for screwing up someones car if they claim I do. I will help though, I would have offered use of a cell phone but other than that I will cover my *** first. This probably makes me sound like a jerk but I would rather be safe than sorry, I have a family to watch out for.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:06 AM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
i look at it differently here. it was -5*F at the time. personally i dont think it's right for the state to require you to pay someone to give you a little tug...
Old 12-14-2010, 09:55 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumblewood View Post
I would have left. I do not help people out of ditches since in Wa its illegal in most cases and a tow truck must be called. Also I dont want to get sued for screwing up someones car if they claim I do. I will help though, I would have offered use of a cell phone but other than that I will cover my *** first. This probably makes me sound like a jerk but I would rather be safe than sorry, I have a family to watch out for.
I totally understand where you`re coming from...

in this situation, its touchy, being that there was beer invovled.
Old 12-14-2010, 05:43 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
i look at it differently here. it was -5*F at the time. personally i dont think it's right for the state to require you to pay someone to give you a little tug...
You know what I voted (middle option), but I don't disagree with what you did. I applaud it.

Over the years I've been the good samaritan quite a few times in the heat of the moment. I've also had good samaritans help me out of troublesome situations.

But thinking back on some of those crazy events, and the ramifications that were involved or could have resulted is what tipped the balance for me and made me vote the way I did.

So what I'm saying is that a poll is not like real life. With a poll you sit and think about it, in real life, you usually do what needs to be done.

Which is what you did
Old 12-16-2010, 08:21 AM  
Moderated

OMAHA, NEBRASKA
I pulled a drunk out of a ditch a few years ago. Wound up getting his truck onto the shoulder and drove him home to his trailer park. At least he knew he was drunk and it was -20 outside so freezing to death would have been possible.

On a side note I am more than willing to pull folks out of the ditch, but I hand them the rope and let them hook it up. I will give suggestions as to where to hook, but ultimately I place the job on them. I don't want any responsibility for damage to vehicles.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:19 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMMOTH View Post
I pulled a drunk out of a ditch a few years ago. Wound up getting his truck onto the shoulder and drove him home to his trailer park. At least he knew he was drunk and it was -20 outside so freezing to death would have been possible.

On a side note I am more than willing to pull folks out of the ditch, but I hand them the rope and let them hook it up. I will give suggestions as to where to hook, but ultimately I place the job on them. I don't want any responsibility for damage to vehicles.
Me too..^^

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!