Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: would you have stayed to help?
i would have pulled him out 12 44.44%
i would have left when the drama started 14 51.85%
i would have never stopped 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-23-2010, 07:59 AM  

I would still pull them out, if no other reason just to give you something to do.

But once I found out they had been drinking I would have called the cops.

And on a side note: when ever I pull someone out I always make them hookup the tow strap to their car, noway is there car getting F'ed up going to be my fault.

Old 12-23-2010, 09:48 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Sounds to me we all need to start carrying contracts so the people we help wont sue us.

"I'd love to pull you out, Sign here, initial here, we're going to need blood and urine, it can be mixed."

Old 12-23-2010, 01:44 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Sounds to me we all need to start carrying contracts so the people we help wont sue us.

"I'd love to pull you out, Sign here, initial here, we're going to need blood and urine, it can be mixed."

Sad to say, but that's almost what it's coming too, for me anyways.

After being at the losing end of some bad deals, I just don't trust some people anymore.
Old 12-23-2010, 01:47 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Morgan View Post
Sad to say, but that's almost what it's coming too, for me anyways.

After being at the losing end of some bad deals, I just don't trust some people anymore.
Then the society has fallen off a cliff and it's time to start anew.
Old 12-23-2010, 03:13 PM  

Winnemucca, Nevada
Here, this happened just a couple of weeks ago, I posted this on Jeepfourm too...

Just another day at the office..

Guy comes in to my sales center last Tuesday and asks who's Jeep is out front. I tell him its mine. He gets a little sheepish and states that his Jeep is stuck about 70 mi out in the desert and the local towing company won't go out there. Well I get out the topo map and he shows me where he is, not a good place by the way. Well after corresponding the topo map to google earth we figured out his Jeep is stuck next to the Quinn River bed on the Black Rock playa! (dry lake bed) I call a couple of guys from the local club and we have to work of course and decide on a rescue mission for Sunday. Now Dude (not his real name) is on leave from the Navy, re-stationing from San Diego to Seattle and taking every back road on the map. He has spent one night in the Jeep after it got stuck in the mud and walked to a mine-site the next morning where he got a ride the other 53 miles to town. I called him the next afternoon and he said that he just got back to town. I say huh? Apparently he met a kid at a local auto parts store that had a buddy with a lifted Chevy and they went out and proceed to get the Chevy stuck, at midnight, about four miles from the Jeep! Sunday morning we group up at a restaurant for breakfast and one of the guys tells Dude that if one of us gets stuck or even gets nervous, his Jeep is going to be a statue on the Black Rock till May. We get out there and find the Jeep and winch it out, wasn't even stuck that bad and were shootin the **** by 12:30. Put Blackrock Point, NV into google earth and see where we were...40*54'39.82"N 118*55'65.74"W He was actually on the Lassen-Applegate wagon train trail!! Gotta hand it to him for sniffing out the adventurous route, but damn it man, not in the middle of December!

Never wheel alone!
Old 12-23-2010, 04:31 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubijeep33 View Post
I agree with you which is why I donate time and money to charity whenever I can. I will pull over and pull someone out if the circumstances are dire these did not seem to be. If you start from the begining the way this reads to me is theres a trailblazer in a ditch with a full size chevy next to it, which in my mind hes already getting pulled out or a ride or assistance of some sort. If I had pulled up and Im smelling alcohol and being told no we are fine then Im definatly out of there before I even start digging the guys car out. Ill help someone change a flat or plug a tire if i have my plug kit with me, but im not going to get sued because I damaged thier vehicle while tugging it out, which the OP very well could have tugging on the guys swaybar. The best thing you can do for these people with the minimum risk of injury and damage in this situation is phone it in and let the professionals handle it, they are licensed and bonded for a reason. And i dont feel im being a prick calling it in so the cops can come by and make sure hes ok being a prick is seeing the guy stuck and drivng off doing nothing.
It was never my intention to anger you....and I was not calling you a prick. Mostly, I was generalizing about peoples attitudes these days....

You posted a very general statement about not paying to help people, and I think it does, that's all.

I live in a very rural area, if I lived in a big city, I'm sure that my opinion would be somewhat different. I lived in Newport News for three years.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:01 AM  

There was a time I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

But now days I would ask if they wanted me to call for help, but not offer to do it myself. Too many people looking for a quick buck now days.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:50 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoose61 View Post
There was a time I wouldn't have given it a second thought.

But now days I would ask if they wanted me to call for help, but not offer to do it myself. Too many people looking for a quick buck now days.
To many lawyers, it cost money to sue.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:11 AM  

hampton roads va, virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
It was never my intention to anger you....and I was not calling you a prick. Mostly, I was generalizing about peoples attitudes these days....

You posted a very general statement about not paying to help people, and I think it does, that's all.

I live in a very rural area, if I lived in a big city, I'm sure that my opinion would be somewhat different. I lived in Newport News for three years.
not angry at all explaining my position is all thats just where I draw my line in the snow if you will.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads