Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 10-10-2010, 05:39 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Tell a service member thank you!

Yes, I know what you're thinking, "But Jake, you're a service member! You can't tell people to thank you!"

I realize that. Pretend I'm not in the service for a minute.

In today's military, I notice a lot of Marines that are getting drained from this war. Multiple deployments, being away from family, constant physical readiness to get deployed, constant weapons training - all around a tough time.

The Marine Corps is a tight bunch - I've seen some of my Marines re-enlist, just to go on a deployment with a fellow Marine to support each other and stay together. Unless you've been in the service, particularly the Corps, it's hard to know what this type of connection is like.

That being said, if you know a service member, please take a few minutes out of your day to sent them an email or call them and just randomly tell them that you appreciate their service, that you're proud of them, that you support them and are there for them - anything you want to say! But say something PERSONAL to them, not cliche.

I try to tell my Marines on a day to day basis that they're appreciated and that I'm very satisfied and proud of them, but I know it doesn't mean as much from me as it may from someone they know on a more personal level.

Please help me to bring our morale up, and stay vigilant in the fight! Do your part!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-10-2010, 06:10 PM  

It's hard to pretend not to include you as well. I for one appreciate all you have done for this country, and my family thanks you from the bottom of our hearts!

Old 10-11-2010, 10:45 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
My cousin is finishing his officer training and is then headed back to war. I hug that man and tell him how much I appreciate him every time I see him.

And Jake7 thank you for your service, you didn't ask, but it is appreciated.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:49 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Thanks Jake! i'll tag the coast guard for ya too
Old 10-12-2010, 08:40 AM  

Bristow, VA
Semper Fidelis!
Old 10-12-2010, 04:20 PM  

Rochester, New York
For the record -- my sincere thanks go out to all who have served, are serving, and those who are preparing to serve. You have my thanks.

When I encounter folks in any branch, I make a point of saying thanks. When possible, I pick up their tab.
Old 10-12-2010, 10:00 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
I sincerely appreciate everyone who serves. I would never have the guts to do what they do.

My work got together last Christmas and did Operation Love Box. We sent a deployed unit things they needed along with a bunch of cards from everyone telling the troops how we appreciate everything they do. We plan on doing it again.

If anyone is interested in sending a box here's the website for it
Operation Love Box
Old 10-14-2010, 12:50 AM  

Wilmington, NC
I've got two cousins who have both served in Iraq. We aren't all that close knit, so I haven't seen them since, but I know that one was Army. The other was infantry in the Marine Corps, and was at Fallujah in '04. I very strongly considered signing up towards the end of high school, then again throughout college. Part of that was trying to dig through the myth and romance of the whole thing, and get an honest no-fishing stories assessment from as many service members as I could. My respect for them deepened. You said not to thank you, but thank you.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!