Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2011, 09:23 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I agree, even though the whole concept is idiotic.

I was driving up my street the other day and noticed something else that was a little idiotic.

Obviously some of the kids on our street got drunk and decide to open up their own real estate company.
Boys will be boys.

I worry for a time where that can get you in trouble as opposed to a stern talking to.

Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
And since tomorrow I have 5 days vacancy ?

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 10-27-2011, 12:10 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Nice! You Bulgarians know how to work! Taking time of in the US is frowned upon.
Old 10-27-2011, 01:15 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Nice! You Bulgarians know how to work! Taking time of in the US is frowned upon.
Yes ? really this year we had 5 times x 5 free days ? the last vacancy is only for people working in the education system ? no money in this system, but a lot of free time ... so ? I intend ? well ? we will see ?

Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
My father, who is now a retired university professor, alway told me to follow in his footsteps. Looking back, I know he was right

He was always there for us, and seemed to have a lot of free time to do things with his family.

Borislav, how is the weather in BG now? We will be below the freezing point over here tonight.

And you should have entered the pigs head picture in the picture of the month contest!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:09 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin
This is very true. Ask an American who he is and we start telling you about our job. Our work defines us rather than defining ourselves as people. We may as we wear badges that say "I am not an animal. I am a robot".
Old 10-27-2011, 11:44 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
My father, who is now a retired university professor, alway told me to follow in his footsteps. Looking back, I know he was right

He was always there for us, and seemed to have a lot of free time to do things with his family.

Borislav, how is the weather in BG now? We will be below the freezing point over here tonight.

And you should have entered the pigs head picture in the picture of the month contest!

Yes … children usually follow different road in their live. Maya had a possibility to stay in her University as a professor assistant, after they suggested her to continue a post-graduation work, but she ignored both opportunities … I think she missed a great chance, over more I am able to help her in all that … Never mind, everyone must follow the own road.
Here we have so called “Golden fall” after very cool wave, now we will have 2-3 weeks of stabilized weather … mornings temperatures are 0 – 2 deg C, afternoons – even 13-16 … I it perfect for bicycling, but today I will miss it …
What about the “month content” … I am not sure … this photo is not from BG - it was taken by Maya this spring when she was in Paris … it is not my “intellectual property” …

Well … now I will have an excursion 2-3 days and I intend to bring photos of the Golden Fall …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
This is very true. Ask an American who he is and we start telling you about our job. Our work defines us rather than defining ourselves as people. We may as we wear badges that say "I am not an animal. I am a robot".
Yes Patrick, I know … I have a friend living and working in USA already many years … unfortunately in the beginning of ’90 situation in BG was terrible and he decided to emigrate …

Old 10-28-2011, 08:08 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Autumn in the mountain

Autumn in the mountain ...
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-210.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-228.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-231.jpg 

Old 10-28-2011, 09:43 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
This is very true. Most of the time, especially in mixed company it's the direction the conversation takes.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
This is very true. Most of the time, especially in mixed company it's the direction the conversation takes.
Well guys ? I will not speak about my work which I hate too much over more ? Today here was beautiful day and I decided to do 4 hour walk in the mountain near the town ? I did not walk since middle of September and now my legs hurt ? it imposes to do a therapy now ? fried liver mixed with eggs and a bottle of perfect red wine ? usually I avoid wine ? it needs more food, but this evening why not ?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads