Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2011, 10:33 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I want to know how Christmas is celebrated in Bulgaria. I bet it's very similar to how we celebrate it in our house here in Montreal.
I bet it's different than how we do it in Texas.

The thoughts of One horse open sleighs, jingle bells, those are just memories of a time never had here in Texas so as I've discussed with you, my pictures of Christmas are usually defined by imagery of places I've never seen.

It's at odds with my actualization of Christmas, which is never white, sometimes not even cold, and very often involves travelling from house to house over the course of several days.

Old 12-05-2011, 10:55 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
The way it looks outside today we may be getting a Texas kind of Christmas this year. Well above freezing and not a speck of snow on the ground yet, which is kind of fine by me.

We do a lot of travelling from house to house over the holidays as well. Usually my wife does the driving, if you get my drift

Old 12-05-2011, 01:03 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
I want to know how Christmas is celebrated in Bulgaria. I bet it's very similar to how we celebrate it in our house here in Montreal.
In Odd we were not and we are not religious ? the church here has only ceremonial role ? something like a tourist attraction. Communism moved it forward - in these years Christmas was totally neglected ? here we celebrated the New Year coming at midnight of the 31 January. Something more ? 1968 our Orthodox Church changed the date of it, accepting Catholic variant ? to celebrate Christmas in December instead 6th of January. It seems it was a great shock for religious people here. I remember my Grossman was very disappointed and stopped to speak about all that.

So, I have to think in other to do the difference between Christmas and Christmas eve ? Anyway ? now we do celebrate it trying to imitate the American variant.

Maybe all that sounds terrible, but it is the situation as I feel it ? for me is important I will be with my favorite people together ? the first evening with the children, the second ? with my Important one ? or vice versa ?

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 12-05-2011, 04:33 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
? for me is important I will be with my favorite people together ? the first evening with the children, the second ? with my Important one ? or vice versa ?
That's what Christmas is all about for me.

I was just talking to my mom and dad a few hours ago about our plans for Christmas dinner, which we always have at their house. My sister and her family will be coming up from Massachusetts and it's the first time my boys will be bringing their girlfriends over for Christmas Eve dinner as well, so my mother, who is over 80, is very worried about where we will seat everybody.

I told her I would bring over a nice round table with four chairs the day before the dinner, and that we would help prepare anything else she needs, so now she is pretty happy about the whole thing.

It will be a feast!!

My dad, well, he's doing his best not to get involved in the planning. Knowing the family dynamic, that's probably a wise choice
Old 12-06-2011, 08:43 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
That's what Christmas is all about for me.

I was just talking to my mom and dad a few hours ago about our plans for Christmas dinner, which we always have at their house. My sister and her family will be coming up from Massachusetts and it's the first time my boys will be bringing their girlfriends over for Christmas Eve dinner as well, so my mother, who is over 80, is very worried about where we will seat everybody.

I told her I would bring over a nice round table with four chairs the day before the dinner, and that we would help prepare anything else she needs, so now she is pretty happy about the whole thing.

It will be a feast!!

My dad, well, he's doing his best not to get involved in the planning. Knowing the family dynamic, that's probably a wise choice
My Brother is bringing his GF he lives with. It's kind of been a round about secret. Everyone knew, he never told anyone.

We're all weird about dating and our significant others.

My Dad is a ladies man and will flirt with them, so it's kind of weird if they aren't prepared.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:44 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
All I know is that I'm going to have a lot of fun with the family this year and can't wait for the annual Christmas laughter to commence!
Old 12-07-2011, 10:25 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
All I know is that I'm going to have a lot of fun with the family this year and can't wait for the annual Christmas laughter to commence!
Same here, we're all comedians, or think we are.

"You don't have to laugh at everything they say" my brother told her last time we got together. Now I stone face him. He loves it.

When we take pics he'll wait till the moment the picture taker is about to take the picture and then grab me.

I've gotten good about beating him to it with a tap or something to disrupt his flow. It's a game we play.

I love having a Brother. He was on here for a while.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:40 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I need a drink, or at least a break. I slept like heck last night.

"Daaaaaaad" Needed a drink.

"Daaaaaaaad" Needed to pee.

"Daaaaaaaad" Needed to thank me.
Old 12-08-2011, 01:24 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
And I feel down ... joints of my thumbs ache ... especially in the left hand ... I can not use it ...

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I need a drink, or at least a break. I slept like heck last night.

"Daaaaaaad" Needed a drink.

"Daaaaaaaad" Needed to pee.

"Daaaaaaaad" Needed to thank me.
Enjoy it while you can. Before you know, and to soon, it will be, "Dad, where's the car keys?"

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.