Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2012, 02:08 PM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I'm at a loss. Why do you want to leave Texas?
Been here since 1992. I've never lived anyplace more than 4 years up until now. Way past time to move on.

Old 01-21-2012, 02:23 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I meant I'm at a loss as to where you plan on going. 1300 miles is a good distance.

And I have to tell you, I'm almost sold on the Cross-Check. I really like the solid old school design and built in quality. I've been digging a little deeper and am now fixated on getting one for this spring. Thanks again for that lead.

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-bk7156.jpg 

Old 01-21-2012, 03:35 PM  

Houston, Texas
Yup, I know what you mean. 1300 miles on this. That's doable. Notice the shift levers at the handlebar ends on the LHT and the Cross-Check. You can see that better on the Cross-Check pic.
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-bk_long_haul_trucker.jpg 

Old 01-23-2012, 02:09 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
I'm looking to buy a new bike sometime soon so I can start riding again in the spring.
I'm liking this one.
Alex … this bicycle looks fine, but … this type of frame will create you problems if you decide to attach to it an additional frame attended to attach panniers and nice metal fenders as well - after each pool you have to wash and clean it … so, for many day tour it is not so appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I'm planning on doing a tour this year. Hopefully I can make that happen. We shall see. It's going to be approximately 1300 miles. And one way. Leaving Texas and ain't coming back. Calling it the Yellow Brick Road Tour. The name should give a clue to where I'm headed.
1300 mile tour is the perfect tour !!!! I still have not plans for the summer, of course I will do several tours and in the end of March I will decide what to do in the summer.

Quote:
On another note, I just finished helping my younger son move out with his girlfriend today.

I thought I would be happy to see him step up to the plate and start making his own life, but to be honest, I'm a little shook up about it.

I mean, who's gonna shovel the driveway for me now
September 2007 Maya left me and several months after I felt totaly desperated ... it was the darkest period in my life ... but now everything is OK ... Wednesday we will meet in a small Chinese restaurant for the lunch and eat some rice and speak for an hour ...

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 01-23-2012, 08:07 AM  

Yesterday I drove for an hour just to meet with my youngest daughter and had a Mexican food lunch. We watched a little football, I gave her some mail, gave her a hug, and drove back home. It was good seeing her!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:37 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Yesterday I drove for an hour just to meet with my youngest daughter and had a Mexican food lunch. We watched a little football, I gave her some mail, gave her a hug, and drove back home. It was good seeing her!
It is beautiful Mark ? it is always exciting to be together with doughtier for a while ? I hope to have a possibility to tour at least 3 days with Maya this spring ? It is always a great experience to tour together with her ?

Old 01-23-2012, 10:25 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I do that with my sister at least once a month.

I drive about an hour, as does she to have coffee and catch up.

My Brother will drive down to see me and always spends the night.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:50 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I do that with my sister at least once a month.

I drive about an hour, as does she to have coffee and catch up.

My Brother will drive down to see me and always spends the night.
Usually I meet my sister morning ? 2-3 times a week ? we go out and have a cup of coffee ? now she is night shift, tomorrow at 8 in the morning we will meet ? we joke each other and I use the situation to smoke a cigarette ?

Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I know you're not a regular smoker, so do you get dizzy when you do have one?
Old 01-23-2012, 05:47 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Alex … this bicycle looks fine, but … this type of frame will create you problems if you decide to attach to it an additional frame attended to attach panniers and nice metal fenders as well - after each pool you have to wash and clean it … so, for many day tour it is not so appropriate.
I will mostly be using the bike I buy this spring for traveling to and from work. Only about 20 km per day, but I figure if I do it every day from April to October this year like I used to do before I bought my Jeep, I will be in pretty good shape at the ned of the season.

What do you think of this one?

http://surlybikes.com/bikes/cross_check

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.