Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2010, 08:45 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
What is that??^^^
That is fine wine

We have a pretty nice garden too. Asparagus, horseradish, rhubarb, pumpkins, herbs, radishes, carrots, cukes, zucchini, beans, greens and tomatos mostly. Sometimes we'll throw other stuff in the mix. I like to garden.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:24 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
That is fine wine

We have a pretty nice garden too. Asparagus, horseradish, rhubarb, pumpkins, herbs, radishes, carrots, cukes, zucchini, beans, greens and tomatos mostly. Sometimes we'll throw other stuff in the mix. I like to garden.
We'll have to keep each other updated in the Spring, I keep threatening to put up a greenhouse, after eating fresh veggies all Summer, I can't stand the supermarket stuff during the Winter....

Old 11-25-2010, 07:42 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria

Quote:
Well Bob, if the Grandfather was still alive, why would the Grandmother be looking for an heir???

Just funnin' with you...lol

Tell me about this garden that you have.....I also garden.

What do you do when you aren't biking???

Joel … both grands had own reasons maybe ... I remember an English comedy – a rich Grandma died and her husband was very surprised to find out that most of her money in her will is purposed for a dog asylum (I am not sure for the last word – a home for homeless dogs) and she leaved him very small amount. He told that since today the dogs will gobble beefsteaks, and he – food for dogs …

I have not a garden – I am living in a small flat – an usual practice for us. But in the kitchen I have a small garden – you can see it in the photo (and my doughtier Maya). What about my job – I am a prof in the higher university of engineering …. I hate it …

Well boys .. I am waiting for my weekend … It will be not nice for bicycling, so I and my WF intend to visit a small town near by – there is a nice hotel built on a mineral water spring there. To soak into a vessel full of hot smelting of sulphur water is not my favorite occupation, but I will bring with me gin & tonic & ice – it will make the situation much more acceptable …

Joel … I see here the sigh ^^^ is used often …. What does it mean?
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-062.jpg 

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 11-25-2010, 09:47 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
: ... maybe it was better to say, that the swimming pool is in the courtyard ... not in the garden ...

Old 11-25-2010, 12:45 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post

Joel ? both grands had own reasons maybe ... I remember an English comedy ? a rich Grandma died and her husband was very surprised to find out that most of her money in her will is purposed for a dog asylum (I am not sure for the last word ? a home for homeless dogs) and she leaved him very small amount. He told that since today the dogs will gobble beefsteaks, and he ? food for dogs ?

I have not a garden ? I am living in a small flat ? an usual practice for us. But in the kitchen I have a small garden ? you can see it in the photo (and my doughtier Maya). What about my job ? I am a prof in the higher university of engineering ?. I hate it ?

Well boys .. I am waiting for my weekend ? It will be not nice for bicycling, so I and my WF intend to visit a small town near by ? there is a nice hotel built on a mineral water spring there. To soak into a vessel full of hot smelting of sulphur water is not my favorite occupation, but I will bring with me gin & tonic & ice ? it will make the situation much more acceptable ?

Joel ? I see here the sigh ^^^ is used often ?. What does it mean?
This ^^ is just to look above, so that you see what is BOLD

I have been to bath houses, I spent a few years in Germany. Sounds like a very good time...

Your daughter and your kitchen garden look very nice!!

Today, we are eating turkey, drinking too much and having a good family time...

What, exactly do you teach?
Old 11-25-2010, 06:09 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
We'll have to keep each other updated in the Spring, I keep threatening to put up a greenhouse, after eating fresh veggies all Summer, I can't stand the supermarket stuff during the Winter....
I would love a greenhouse for the winter also, but up here it would need to be heated and that's big bucks. Too rich for my blood. I will stick to my three season garden for now

But you're right, there's no comparison between the taste and texture of home grown veggies compared to the store bought variety. We are lucky because we have a few really nice, large, and relatively inexpensive ethnic markets fairly close by where you can buy just about anything you've ever and maybe never heard of, but I always look forward to my first grilled t-bone with fresh asparagus and bloody ceasars in May.
Old 11-25-2010, 06:25 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I would love a greenhouse for the winter also, but up here it would need to be heated and that's big bucks. Too rich for my blood. I will stick to my three season garden for now

But you're right, there's no comparison between the taste and texture of home grown veggies compared to the store bought variety. We are lucky because we have a few really nice, large, and relatively inexpensive ethnic markets fairly close by where you can buy just about anything you've ever and maybe never heard of, but I always look forward to my first grilled t-bone with fresh asparagus and bloody ceasars in May.
Ah, man..asparagus....I have a patch that I nurture, this is probably my favorite veggie...

We try to get local farm grown meat, I have a cousin that has a buffalo farm..great meat, I just can't afford it..lol

I guess we mostly eat "white" meat....but I do love a good steak.(my wife reads those womens mags, about healthy food,know what I mean??)
Old 11-26-2010, 01:09 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
... I guess we mostly eat "white" meat....but I do love a good steak.(my wife reads those womens mags, about healthy food,know what I mean??)[/QUOTE]

“I guess we mostly eat "white" meat....but I do love a good steak.(my wife reads those womens mags, about healthy food,know what I mean??) “

Even I guess and know what it means in the brackets … terrible …

My specialty is Machine tool design and testing, Metal cutting tools and Technology (the close specialty – machine tool dynamic behavior) … All that is already unnecessary in BG …

but .... run to the weekend now ...

Old 11-29-2010, 12:00 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria

I spent a nice weekend boys, and hope to hear the same for you!!! … I stood in the hot mineral water 2x2 hours, now I have not any pain in my shoulder because of an old trauma … I put several photos of a town – next to the place I was … cheers !!!
Alex … you had to tell me, where your old relatives are from …
A BG song I love ....:

Old 11-29-2010, 05:34 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Hey Boris. We're not sure yet exactly where they were from. We do know that sometime in the 1700's they were in the Sombor, Vukovar area of Croatia, but we think they came from further east and basically retreated from the Turks. We are still doing research. Does Parcsetich de Rokosz sound familiar?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads