Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 01-06-2011, 08:19 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
When I was about 17 years old, I worked for an old merchant marine who was running a lawncare/landscaping/moving type of business. One of the best orneriest bastards I ever worked for.

Every Tuesday, he would take us to the Green Hornet tavern for some lunch, beer, eight ball and the free pickled eggs!

In those days we were riding around in the back of an open truck, which was a good thing on Tuesdays.

Love those things.
__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 02:20 AM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Pickled eggs are hard boiled, then put into pickle juice for a time, usually depending on how long you want to wait to eat them, but at least a month or two to soak up the pickle juice. Same for the sausage. They are very good, especially with a beer...
Hm ? I have never heard about such a type of eggs ? And month or two in pickle juice ? I can not imagine ? Maybe Austin?s wife is right ? What is content of the juice?
Boys ? it is time for the weekend. Here synoptic promises us sunny weather and temperatures up to 10 deg ? maybe I will ride my bike ?
__________________

__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:03 AM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
When I was about 17 years old, I worked for an old merchant marine who was running a lawncare/landscaping/moving type of business. One of the best orneriest bastards I ever worked for.

Every Tuesday, he would take us to the Green Hornet tavern for some lunch, beer, eight ball and the free pickled eggs!

In those days we were riding around in the back of an open truck, which was a good thing on Tuesdays.

Love those things.
HAHAHA...^^ nothing like being your own air horn...lol
__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:04 AM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
You should make some pickled eggs Borislav, they are easy to make and very good. Here's a good recipe Egg Recipes, Egg Recipe Collection - Egg Farmers of Ontario.

Here it will be 4C and snowing, so I don't think I will be riding my bike. But I may take the Jeep out for some fun in the snow.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
I rode my bike into work this morning nd forgot my gloves.

By the time got in, the cracks on my hand were bleeding. I thought, I should turn and get my gloves, then I though, naw, it won't be that bad.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:31 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
You should make some pickled eggs Borislav, they are easy to make and very good. Here's a good recipe Egg Recipes, Egg Recipe Collection - Egg Farmers of Ontario.

Here it will be 4C and snowing, so I don't think I will be riding my bike. But I may take the Jeep out for some fun in the snow.
Got heat yet?

I'm gonna be looking over those egg recipes...thanks
__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 04:41 PM  
Senior Member
 
Funetical's Avatar

Austin
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 345 | Kudos: +20
I've made sausage, not the kind you guys are talking about, and it's hard.

Hey Bob! Long time no see friend, how's Bulgaria?
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:58 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Got heat yet?

I'm gonna be looking over those egg recipes...thanks
I've sort of gotten used to the cold krutj.
I'm going to wait till it warms up to fix that little problem

I didn't really look at that egg site when I posted the pickled eggs bit. I just took another look at it and it's pretty slick. I like the search feature. The eggs in a tomato caught my eye. I have to try that one.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:24 PM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Ever try pickled quail eggs? They are the bomb!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 AM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I've sort of gotten used to the cold krutj.
I'm going to wait till it warms up to fix that little problem

Umm, that is unique logic...^^^


I didn't really look at that egg site when I posted the pickled eggs bit. I just took another look at it and it's pretty slick. I like the search feature. The eggs in a tomato caught my eye. I have to try that one.
My daughter is a chef, she's gonna love that site..



Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Ever try pickled quail eggs? They are the bomb!

I've never had them...by bomb, do you mean stink bomb??
Or are they really good?
__________________

__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.