Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 02-08-2011, 12:21 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
I saw the Dark Side of the Moon concert live back in 1975 here in Montreal. It was one of my first concerts and still one of the best (what I can remember of it anyways )

Also saw The Wall and Animals tours.

Anyways, I hope you are all enjoying your summer like weather. Here's the view from my office window today. It's going to be a while before that white stuff melts.
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-2011-02-02-002.jpg 

__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:32 PM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Here's the view from my office window today. It's going to be a while before that white stuff melts.
It definitely is not my favorite view ... Alex … maybe Florida is better …

I have seen only a TV version of “The Dark side of the moon” … beginning with “Crazy diamond”
__________________

__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:29 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Hm ... I have heard about Animal ... if my memory serves ... but ... no any their song in my head, never mind there are thousands of MP3 in it ... Meddle ... they are unknown for me ...
I'm sorry, they are Pink Floyd albums.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:33 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
It definitely is not my favorite view ... Alex … maybe Florida is better …
It feels like I'm in a comfortable little prison every day

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
I have seen only a TV version of “The Dark side of the moon” … beginning with “Crazy diamond”
This is not actually filmed in Montreal but it was my favorite song from the Dark Side of the Moon Tour.

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:15 PM  
Senior Member
 
Jake7's Avatar

Honolulu, Hawaii
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,294 | Kudos: +135
Images: 45
Just got back from camping on the beach last night

But that picture of snow makes me miss snow. Honestly, I miss cold weather. Around here, it's either 80 and gorgeous out, or 75 and raining out.

Why is liver recipe a tag on this thread? Hah...
__________________
Discover Scentsy at Lucky Lucy Scentsy Products - an independent Scentsy consultant!


https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:24 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
You obviously missed Borislav's dinner a few months ago
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 03:26 AM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I'm sorry, they are Pink Floyd albums.

You are right Austin … my searching machine has misled looking for a rock group name instead album name … speaking about Pink Floyd, I can not understand well what does it mean “comfortably numb” …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Just got back from camping on the beach last night

But that picture of snow makes me miss snow. Honestly, I miss cold weather. Around here, it's either 80 and gorgeous out, or 75 and raining out.

Why is liver recipe a tag on this thread? Hah...
Hey Jake7! You nose out the liver aroma and you run into the pub … WELL COME !!! ... You are lucky on your paradise island … if you need a cool – I think, a cup of gin – tonic would work (cool gin 20 deg. C below 0) … 2006 there was a possibility for me to be in a tropic island for a while somewhere south from Florida, but the chance was not by my side …

Our camp on the beach last summer ....
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-004.jpg 

__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
You are right Austin ? my searching machine has misled looking for a rock group name instead album name ? speaking about Pink Floyd, I can not understand well what does it mean ?comfortably numb?
In this context, it is a metaphor for drug usage and dealing with burdens of everyday life.


Note from the movie, this is the scene where the protagonist Pink overdoses.

Roger Waters was not fan, but even in the context of the album, the allegory holds true.
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:45 AM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
In this context, it is a metaphor for drug usage and dealing with burdens of everyday life.

Note from the movie, this is the scene where the protagonist Pink overdoses.

Roger Waters was not fan, but even in the context of the album, the allegory holds true.


Oh no … what a horror … I have never seen this video clip and I was not able to do such an association …. What a horror … After 1990 youth here have begun using drug … It was the most important reason to leave everything else and to be close to my children permanently … my hear bristle up … brrrrrrrrr … thank you Austin …
__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 11:22 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Oh no ? what a horror ? I have never seen this video clip and I was not able to do such an association ?. What a horror ? After 1990 youth here have begun using drug ? It was the most important reason to leave everything else and to be close to my children permanently ? my hear bristle up ? brrrrrrrrr ? thank you Austin ?
It's a world epidemic. The 90's brought to light the dangers of heroin and cocaine, and in the process,made them a staple of many of our subcultures.

They are just a prevalent as ever, if not more accepted. Oddly enough,it seems our media has lost a lot of their interest in hard drugs, with the majority of their drug stories being tied into the Medical Marijuana debate the US and most of the west are having.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.