Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-14-2011, 12:43 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
I have something similar for when I go hiking in the back country to use just in case of bears. About 99% of the time I never seen any but it's nice to know I have it with me.

Absolutely paddyboy … last spring a man was killed here in Rodopy Mountains by a bear, other woman was injured badly by other one … it is really in a region I avoid to tour … I am curious what it will happen when I meet a bear, maybe better it will be if it does not happen … WELL COME IN OUR PUB !!!
Calgary … were there Olympic games years ago?

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 02-14-2011, 01:04 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob

Absolutely paddyboy … last spring a man was killed here in Rodopy Mountains by a bear, other woman was injured badly by other one … it is really in a region I avoid to tour … I am curious what it will happen when I meet a bear, maybe better it will be if it does not happen … WELL COME IN OUR PUB !!!
Calgary … were there Olympic games years ago?
Thank you for the welcome, and yes your quite right, it is better NOT to meet a bear but they are magnificent creatures. I have ha the opportunity to see quite a dew ( from afar). They mostly will turn the other way if they are hearing noise and chatter.

Yup the winter Olympic in 1988 were here. Hopefully one day we will host them again.

Old 02-14-2011, 01:38 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Well ? because we are in the pub, I will say here a story about one our villager candidates to take part in international issue of man (heroes) only ?Survivor? ? there was 1 condition for candidates and 2 tasks ? The condition was participant?s bodies to be hairy ? here our guy had no any problem - the commission was not able to guess that he is naked. The 2 tasks were:
1. The candidate must scrag a bear,
2. To force an Indian woman.

I will miss details here, but when our villager came back from the wood where the bear was, he asked the commission ?Where is the Indian woman to scrag her ? ?

Never mind ? as evil gossip has it, the bear is still bringing him honey from the wood ?

Old 02-14-2011, 05:10 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I would not want to try to boink a bear

I often see bear poops while exploring the woods around my country camp. Sometimes they are still warm. But the black bears we have here are mostly very shy. They will run and disappear before you see them, unless you walk silently and know where to look.
Old 02-14-2011, 05:14 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
I have something similar for when I go hiking in the back country to use just in case of bears. About 99% of the time I never seen any but it's nice to know I have it with me.
What are you using? If it's good for a grizzly, it should work on black bear.

I usually carry nothing of the sort and just count on my cunning and superior woodcraft skills
Old 02-14-2011, 08:59 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
What are you using? If it's good for a grizzly, it should work on black bear.

I usually carry nothing of the sort and just count on my cunning and superior woodcraft skills
Its just a can of bear spray, pepper spray is all it is, I have never had to use it yet as it will most likely piss the bear off more.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:03 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I would not want to try to boink a bear

I often see bear poops while exploring the woods around my country camp. Sometimes they are still warm. But the black bears we have here are mostly very shy. They will run and disappear before you see them, unless you walk silently and know where to look.
Here is one from my last trip into the mountains in the fall before the snow, this one was still warm. There was a good berry crop last year.
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-img_1093.jpg 

Old 02-15-2011, 10:32 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Hi Mark !!! I am glad to see you in the pub ? you are right ? dogs love very much to attack bicyclists. Even years ago one succeeded to bite my leg. I had a knife and I have understood that it does not work properly against dogs ? I did not succeed to kill it.
Since then I have always brought with me a spray against dogs (and not only) ? you can see it down just comfortable for my left hand. I can say that it is a great pleasure for me to use it, it is very effective.
I've never been bitten but I get chased a lot, I'm big and I'm sure I smell like bacon, anyhow, I've gotten to the point where I swerve at them slightly and they run off, but they are just ankle biters, small dogs, not big ones yet.

I'm going to go find me some spray now that I'm thinking about it.
Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Boys … me and my sister had a nice evening …. on the photo below you will see a special very tasty meal I have prepared in the late afternoon. … it is called GUV’ECH … G – like G overnment, U – like U tah, V – like V ictory, E – like ev E nt, CH – like CH arleston … ‘ – the impact of the word. It is easy to prepare – fry onion and vegetables you have (into sunflower oil), add pork (lamb is nice too), potatoes, add red (no much hot) pepper, black pepper …. Salt …. After, it has to be baked in this big dish in the oven for an hour (adding a cup of hot water).
It is going very well with white or red wine … The best is to eat it directly from the big dish – you may choose peaces you think are the best …. Mmmmmmmmmmm …. Tasty …..
Jake … when you see a key word “guvech” – it is the place to find an explanation of the term …
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-061.jpg 

Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
At first I was thinking guvech was like the goulash I like so much, but then I googled it and found out I was wrong. It looks good! I will have to try it soon.

Have you tried the pickled eggs yet? I'm sure they must be ready by now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads