Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 12-01-2010, 01:17 PM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Nice looking couple, for a bunch of Bulgarians

Here's me and my wife of 26 long, hard years.


You are looking happy Alex .... later I will look for similar our happy photo … I hope one day all we to be together in a real pub
Again is the time to have a cup … but … where is Austin … I feel, this boy is walking around, maybe he is too busy to enter for a while …
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-002.jpg 

__________________

__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:18 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Havasu! ... Boy! ... I am glad to see you here ... Please, tell it one more time by other ... more simple words ... hang on ... I know it as a not nice dead one by a rope around the neck ...
It means to hold onto, but I think you figured that one out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
I see ...yes ... you are absolutely right ... I will not leave her ... Sometime I will need more explanations ... please, do not anger me ! It helps me to understand better, never mind I may be tedious ... well ... is "statement" equal to ?testimonial pictures" ?
What is your name Havasu ... it does not sound me like a name ...
Most people online use names that are not their own in order to protect their privacy. I am not one of those people.

I think most people will jump at the chance to help you out with our slang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
You are looking happy Alex .... later I will look for similar our happy photo ? I hope one day all we to be together in a real pub
Again is the time to have a cup ? but ? where is Austin ? I feel, this boy is walking around, maybe he is too busy to enter for a while ?
I have been busy. Working mainly, got to put the food on the table.

It's good to know I'm missed.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 04:59 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
So what are we chatting about tonight?

Nice pics Borrisbob...I can't find any of my wife and I in the same pic, I'm always behind the camera....

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, so I've been avoiding the computer, these forums can be a BIG distraction...lol

Reading a good book is an addiction for me...of course, at my age, I have several addictions...I mean interests..

Right now, I'm drinking a Corona, it's one of my interests(addictions)

We are getting snow...
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-030.jpg 

__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:35 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Nice.
I love yellow Jeeps, and I love to consume books and beer and...and...and...
We're finally supposed to get some snow this weekend.
If all the rain we had the last two days would have been snow it would probably have been over four feet high.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:50 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Nice.
I love yellow Jeeps, and I love to consume books and beer and...and...and...
We're finally supposed to get some snow this weekend.
If all the rain we had the last two days would have been snow it would probably have been over four feet high.
We got a bunch of that^^, just prior to this snowfall. Thank god the rain quit, we are getting some flooding and the snow is the wet, slippery, slushy kind. The mud tires actually eat it up pretty good, and being able to reach down and yank'er into 4hi is always reassuring.

You ever read Bernard Cornwell?
__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:04 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Hah!! I just finished the Saxon Series by Cornwell. Pretty seriously entertaining reading. As was the Grail Quest series. I need to read the Sharpe stories but haven't been able to locate a copy of Sharpe's Tiger at the used bookstores I frequent. Cornwell writes great historical fiction.

Right now I'm reading the Troy series by David Gemmell, which is also really good.

I have so many books that we've run out of shelf space and they're starting to pile up on the floor in odd corners of the house.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:14 PM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
What is your name Havasu ... it does not sound me like a name ...
Boris, Don't let Austin fool you....he has been called many more names that just Austin! As far as my name, it is actually Mark, but havasu is the name I collected many years ago, because I have a vacation home at Lake Havasu, Arizona. Many times, my friends would say "let's go to havasu", referring to coming in for a visit and drinking "many adult beverages", which is easily translated to every other language!
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 07:28 PM  
facepalm
 
jeepcache's Avatar

Minot, ND
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,722 | Kudos: +57
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
So what are we chatting about tonight?

Nice pics Borrisbob...I can't find any of my wife and I in the same pic, I'm always behind the camera....

I've been doing a lot of reading lately, so I've been avoiding the computer, these forums can be a BIG distraction...lol

Reading a good book is an addiction for me...of course, at my age, I have several addictions...I mean interests..

Right now, I'm drinking a Corona, it's one of my interests(addictions)

We are getting snow...
speaking of jeeps n snow

__________________
"the path of greatest resistance reaps the greatest rewards"
-me
Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:14 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Hey, that looks just like my Weber!
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 10:57 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Boris, Don't let Austin fool you....he has been called many more names that just Austin! As far as my name, it is actually Mark, but havasu is the name I collected many years ago, because I have a vacation home at Lake Havasu, Arizona. Many times, my friends would say "let's go to havasu", referring to coming in for a visit and drinking "many adult beverages", which is easily translated to every other language!
Ensure?


morestufffffff
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.