Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 10:53 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Hello Austin! Of course you are missing here …. Come and stay with us often !!! I am sure you are Austin !!!

Hi Mark !!! … it is very nice name. In BG we say Marko – just like Italian. My first name is Borislav, but it is so long, and it seems hard to be said – it is because I prefer Bob. I remember, several times I say my name, foreigners say Bor … What ??? ….

Jeepcache is welcome here too.

Joel … please, tell me a little more about “Corona” … I am interested ….

Alex … I am sure you are fine!

I do prefer to read history … long years communists here misrepresented it, so now we do have a possibility to see the world with the other eyes … unluckily reading the comp screen, my eyesight is lowering considerably last years, but nothing to do …

But … where is Jake 7 … this boy has disappeared … I am afraid he is lost somewhere ….

Soon I will tell you what I have done today ...

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 12-02-2010, 11:08 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Hah!! I just finished the Saxon Series by Cornwell. Pretty seriously entertaining reading. As was the Grail Quest series. I need to read the Sharpe stories but haven't been able to locate a copy of Sharpe's Tiger at the used bookstores I frequent. Cornwell writes great historical fiction.

Right now I'm reading the Troy series by David Gemmell, which is also really good.

I have so many books that we've run out of shelf space and they're starting to pile up on the floor in odd corners of the house.
I know what you mean^^^......lol

Uhtred is one of my all time favorite characters, I'm also addicted to William Dietrich(also historical fiction).

The Warlord Chronicles was also very good, and I've also had a hard time finding many of the Sharpes series.

Have you read Agincourt? It is about an English archer, supposedly a new series.

Steve Berry writes good stories that usually have a link to some major historical event...good reading.

Old 12-02-2010, 11:10 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
The work is not a rabbit ? it will not run away ?

The work is not a rabbit … it will not run away …

It is a stupid sentence but our odd folk love it, me too … So …this afternoon I left the work, and it is easy to guess – went to bicycling outside. I choose an easy tour – 30 km to the next small town and 20 km back. Here we have extremely hot weather last 6 weeks, almost every day – temperature records for last 100 years, so it is not easy to stay inside – the wilderness calls me outside…

Shortly, bicycling has begun with the sun on the sky. After, a strong turbulent wind appeared, after – powering rain for 10 minutes, after several pieces of hail … I am not sure with this word … ice bolls from the sky … after very very beautiful rainbow on the half sky. The sun comes again, and 5-6 minutes before coming back home - again a powering rain. The cherry on the cake (I am not sure it is an international expression) in the end was a flat rear tire.

Never mind, now I feel best and wait for my weekend.

Cheers Boys !!!
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-150.jpg 

Old 12-02-2010, 11:11 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Hello Austin! Of course you are missing here …. Come and stay with us often !!! I am sure you are Austin !!!

Hi Mark !!! … it is very nice name. In BG we say Marko – just like Italian. My first name is Borislav, but it is so long, and it seems hard to be said – it is because I prefer Bob. I remember, several times I say my name, foreigners say Bor … What ??? ….

Jeepcache is welcome here too.

Joel … please, tell me a little more about “Corona” … I am interested ….

Alex … I am sure you are fine!

I do prefer to read history … long years communists here misrepresented it, so now we do have a possibility to see the world with the other eyes … unluckily reading the comp screen, my eyesight is lowering considerably last years, but nothing to do …

But … where is Jake 7 … this boy has disappeared … I am afraid he is lost somewhere ….

Soon I will tell you what I have done today ...
Well Borislav....Corona is Mexican beer, and I drink too many of them!!

Great pic Borislav!!! Do you ever drive a car??
Old 12-02-2010, 11:19 AM  

Bob it is, but I had a real good friend from Yugoslavia whose name was Boris, and I sure miss him, and you remind me of him.

One question Bob....are you always as happy as you sound in your writings? It sure is a breath of fresh air around here!
Old 12-02-2010, 11:27 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
No ? I have not a car ? 1993 somebody stole it and since then I am only on the bike bicycling 5000 ? 6000 kilometers per year. But ? sometime I drive my WF?s car, only when outside is not nice for bicycling.
Here people are drinking beer too much, but I do not love it ? it is bitter for me ? when I am thirsty, usually summer time, I avoid dehydrate by gin & tonic in proportion 1:1 and ice ? included in the part of tonic ?

It is the car ... to be able to seat in it, I have to remove the front seat and use the back one ?
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-002.jpg 

Old 12-02-2010, 11:32 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I am fine Boris. If I was any finer I'd be perfect
I think it's time for Boris to get some kudos around here!
How did he end up with less than 10 anyways???
Old 12-02-2010, 11:43 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Bob it is, but I had a real good friend from Yugoslavia whose name was Boris, and I sure miss him, and you remind me of him.

One question Bob....are you always as happy as you sound in your writings? It sure is a breath of fresh air around here!

Yes Mark … I can say that I am very positive all the time. I think I am in a stage of the life, when I have done all the important things in the life ... no where to run now, it is no more neccessary to be done. My children cope with the life already without my help (they were the most important for me), Long years I have lived alone, situation imposed to me to be father & mother …. But already it is over … since more than 3 years I have very good woman by my side … all that is very enough for me … I have seen too much – even here we changed the system, I have tried many things, I have chosen, now I am enjoying of everything I love … I do not miss any moment.
Well it does not mean that I was without time of darkness, but I succeeded to overcome it, I can say bicycling has helped me very much to survive ...

Mark, Boris and Borislav are very different names ... The first one is coming from a type of a tiger – you will see, germane use it too. Borislav is a typical Slavonic composite name: Bori + Slav … approximately it means somebody striving for glory … can you imagine …

Alex ... it depend only by you to be finer ... I believe, that a nice quiet evening with your wife and some drink will work ... tomorrow in the evening I will have such a great evening ...

Old 12-02-2010, 12:00 PM  

+1 for Bob!
Old 12-02-2010, 12:57 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
+1 for Bob!

Thanks Mark … I see 5 yellow stars at out thread … what does it mean …

"Law Enforcement" .... It sounds ... how to say .... Interesting .... if I understand it well, it means a rich experience ... and a higher knowledge of people behavior?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!