Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 03-14-2011, 03:25 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
I've read "I am Legend", considerably different than the movie, as usual...I enjoyed it!

Would you mind posting your opinions of these reads? I'm always looking for good books, Alex has supplied some good ones, so my reading list grows. That being said, I watch very little t.v.(history channel,science channel, that kinda stuff)

It is truly amazing to me the things that one can discover about history if you take the time to read....
The title gets mistranslated based on the adaptation. They almost got it in Will Smith's version, but they changed the ending.

Neville is not a hero.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:17 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
The title gets mistranslated based on the adaptation. They almost got it in Will Smith's version, but they changed the ending.

Neville is not a hero.
Yeah, that's the gist that I got, I suppose it would depend on your point of view though...lol

The world moved on, without him...??
__________________

__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 05:22 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Haha, imagine Borislav's smile if Fedex showed up at his door with that sign one day!
It would be priceless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I'll chip in!
How about a stripper-gram....
__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 08:49 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Strippers are temporary, neon is forever!
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 04:35 AM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Strippers are temporary, neon is forever!
OK OK OK ... the label is just fine without any flashing ... ... at 26. Sept I have a birthday ...
__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:09 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Yeah, that's the gist that I got, I suppose it would depend on your point of view though...lol

The world moved on, without him...??
The parable's in the book are a little much to take in all at once, but ultimately the book debates right and wrong, if you are in the minority, but are clinging to the old ways, are you wrong by default? It's a great read and over looked in the Cannon of post apocalyptic and Vampire text.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Strippers are temporary, neon is forever!
Neon stripper..??? One of those hula dolls with a vacancy sign....



Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
OK OK OK ... the label is just fine without any flashing ... ... at 26. Sept I have a birthday ...

We are having some fun Borislav, and are you having another vacancy for your birthday????.......
__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:37 AM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
We are having some fun Borislav, and are you having another vacancy for your birthday????.......
It is because I love the pub ? a place of great fun ? My vacancies will end at 15th of September, when the winter semester will start. So, my birthday will be when I have a busy period. Over more I do not like to celebrate it ? it is not so funny event for me ?

But summer ? it will be great I hope ? I intend to spend at least 50 ? 60 nights out beginning since 20th of April ? bicycling, swimming, walking, hiking in the mountains and camping in the wilderness ?

I regret a little I can not take part in conversations about the literature ? I do not understand very well some of discussions ? but I fill in my dictionary with words and expressions ? it is very useful experience for me.
__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:39 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
It is because I love the pub ? a place of great fun ? My vacancies will end at 15th of September, when the winter semester will start. So, my birthday will be when I have a busy period. Over more I do not like to celebrate it ? it is not so funny event for me ?

How many years??..Just remember, it's not how old you are, it's how old you feel...you obviously take good care of your body and train like a youngster, you should be proud...


But summer ? it will be great I hope ? I intend to spend at least 50 ? 60 nights out beginning since 20th of April ? bicycling, swimming, walking, hiking in the mountains and camping in the wilderness ?

I regret a little I can not take part in conversations about the literature ? I do not understand very well some of discussions ? but I fill in my dictionary with words and expressions ? it is very useful experience for me.
My apologies, we don't mean to exclude you in our discussions...do you have any books that you'd like to discuss?? I'm always trying to expand my understanding, what do you read that is not technical??
__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 03:53 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
The parable's in the book are a little much to take in all at once, but ultimately the book debates right and wrong, if you are in the minority, but are clinging to the old ways, are you wrong by default? It's a great read and over looked in the Cannon of post apocalyptic and Vampire text.
I would not have read this if the movie hadn't been made, usually, when I see a new(decent) movie come out, I look to see if there's a book that it's based upon...I'm sure you know that the book is always superior...

Was the Authors intention to teach a lesson?
__________________

__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.