Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2011, 02:25 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
I've read "I am Legend", considerably different than the movie, as usual...I enjoyed it!

Would you mind posting your opinions of these reads? I'm always looking for good books, Alex has supplied some good ones, so my reading list grows. That being said, I watch very little t.v.(history channel,science channel, that kinda stuff)

It is truly amazing to me the things that one can discover about history if you take the time to read....
The title gets mistranslated based on the adaptation. They almost got it in Will Smith's version, but they changed the ending.

Neville is not a hero.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:17 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
The title gets mistranslated based on the adaptation. They almost got it in Will Smith's version, but they changed the ending.

Neville is not a hero.
Yeah, that's the gist that I got, I suppose it would depend on your point of view though...lol

The world moved on, without him...??

Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Haha, imagine Borislav's smile if Fedex showed up at his door with that sign one day!
It would be priceless!
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I'll chip in!
How about a stripper-gram....
Old 03-14-2011, 07:49 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Strippers are temporary, neon is forever!
Old 03-15-2011, 03:35 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
OK OK OK ... the label is just fine without any flashing ... ... at 26. Sept I have a birthday ...

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 03-15-2011, 09:09 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Yeah, that's the gist that I got, I suppose it would depend on your point of view though...lol

The world moved on, without him...??
The parable's in the book are a little much to take in all at once, but ultimately the book debates right and wrong, if you are in the minority, but are clinging to the old ways, are you wrong by default? It's a great read and over looked in the Cannon of post apocalyptic and Vampire text.
Old 03-15-2011, 04:38 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Neon stripper..??? One of those hula dolls with a vacancy sign....

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
OK OK OK ... the label is just fine without any flashing ... ... at 26. Sept I have a birthday ...

We are having some fun Borislav, and are you having another vacancy for your birthday????.......
Old 03-16-2011, 03:37 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
We are having some fun Borislav, and are you having another vacancy for your birthday????.......
It is because I love the pub ? a place of great fun ? My vacancies will end at 15th of September, when the winter semester will start. So, my birthday will be when I have a busy period. Over more I do not like to celebrate it ? it is not so funny event for me ?

But summer ? it will be great I hope ? I intend to spend at least 50 ? 60 nights out beginning since 20th of April ? bicycling, swimming, walking, hiking in the mountains and camping in the wilderness ?

I regret a little I can not take part in conversations about the literature ? I do not understand very well some of discussions ? but I fill in my dictionary with words and expressions ? it is very useful experience for me.

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 03-16-2011, 02:39 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
It is because I love the pub ? a place of great fun ? My vacancies will end at 15th of September, when the winter semester will start. So, my birthday will be when I have a busy period. Over more I do not like to celebrate it ? it is not so funny event for me ?

How many years??..Just remember, it's not how old you are, it's how old you feel...you obviously take good care of your body and train like a youngster, you should be proud...

But summer ? it will be great I hope ? I intend to spend at least 50 ? 60 nights out beginning since 20th of April ? bicycling, swimming, walking, hiking in the mountains and camping in the wilderness ?

I regret a little I can not take part in conversations about the literature ? I do not understand very well some of discussions ? but I fill in my dictionary with words and expressions ? it is very useful experience for me.
My apologies, we don't mean to exclude you in our discussions...do you have any books that you'd like to discuss?? I'm always trying to expand my understanding, what do you read that is not technical??
Old 03-16-2011, 02:53 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
The parable's in the book are a little much to take in all at once, but ultimately the book debates right and wrong, if you are in the minority, but are clinging to the old ways, are you wrong by default? It's a great read and over looked in the Cannon of post apocalyptic and Vampire text.
I would not have read this if the movie hadn't been made, usually, when I see a new(decent) movie come out, I look to see if there's a book that it's based upon...I'm sure you know that the book is always superior...

Was the Authors intention to teach a lesson?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.