Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2011, 12:28 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Butter garlic and minced parsley, yah!!
I don't even bother ordering them in restaurants anymore.
They never give you enough.
Even my kids love them.
Parslay often seal in my throut, so I avoid it, but gaaaarliiiic ... mmmm .... I love it .... speaking about it I remember the story about 2 male pigs "what did you have for dinner" asked the first one. "Dirts with garlic" said the second. ... "And I had only dirt, because I date with my pig-female friend and we will kissing each other tonight" ...

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 03-23-2011, 12:45 PM  

Hi Bob, yes, we had a bit of damage from the wave of water from Japan, but nowhere near my house. I'm still around the pub, but since we are going on vacation soon, the wife and I spend our days shopping for clothes, because all of my clothes no longer fit because of the diet I have been on.

Old 03-23-2011, 12:55 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Hi Bob, yes, we had a bit of damage from the wave of water from Japan, but nowhere near my house. I'm still around the pub, but since we are going on vacation soon, the wife and I spend our days shopping for clothes, because all of my clothes no longer fit because of the diet I have been on.
VACATION !!! GREAT !!! Spend a great time Mark !!!

Old 03-23-2011, 02:14 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
I'll stick to most anything else...no tripe for me either.
I love tripe. Menudo especially.

For Bob

Tripe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
Good day gents, as far as eating goes I, myself will try just about anything and have had over the years. Oysters are good, clams, well to me they taste muddy. One of the best dishes I have had was a alligator gumbo when I was in South Carolina boy was that tasty. Blackened catfish is good too.
A fettachini with a spicy Italian sausage sliced into the marinaro sauce with garlic bread. Hmmm all this talk of food is making me hungry.
I like oysters as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post

See that would put an end to my diet. I hate clothes shopping. I go. I'm nice, but I would have not lost weight anticipating I would have to go.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:15 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Alex … I see in your profile you have mentioned many times birds … so in my mind appeared a receipt, maybe you know it:
- A nice chicken – 1,6 – 1,8 kilo – cut it in parts. Put parts in an appropriate vessel (the same I
have mentioned for the “Guvech”);
- 1/5 kilo butter;
- half liter beer;
- Salt;
- Black paper.
Cover the vessel and put in the oven – 180 deg C for 2 hours … it is perfect – easy to cook and very tasty. In the dish after you may add boiled and squeezed potatoes or boiled rice – in a shape of a cone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I love tripe. Menudo especially.

For Bob

Tripe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Austin ... The tripe here we eat as a soup (water and milk 1:1 – the milk is added in the end), adding in it tooooooooo much hot red pepper, vinegar and garlic … eating a bowl of it, you willl sweat just like after running up stairs to the top of the Empire State Building without any relax … mmmmm tomorrow I will rut to have it in a little restaurant here ... I'll take a photo of it ...

I have never tried the meals Mark has mentioned …

Old 03-23-2011, 03:28 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
In the summer of 1980, I was attached to the French Army for a while. Most of the chow was pretty good and the fresh baked loaves of bread were excellent, meals usually were enjoyed with wine or beer also...

The cow tripe that they served was a different matter though, absolutely horrendous...and the snails were usually raced before being dropped into the pot..

I'm certain that the preparation has much to do with my bias..

Did I mention how good the wine,beer and bread was....staples of life...lol
Old 03-23-2011, 07:04 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
In the summer of 1980, I was attached to the French Army for a while. Most of the chow was pretty good and the fresh baked loaves of bread were excellent, meals usually were enjoyed with wine or beer also...
Check!

Quote:
The cow tripe that they served was a different matter though, absolutely horrendous...and the snails were usually raced before being dropped into the pot..
Check!!

Quote:
I'm certain that the preparation has much to do with my bias..
Check!!!

Quote:
Did I mention how good the wine,beer and bread was....staples of life...lol
Yah, and I'm getting really nice bags of oranges dirt cheap.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:05 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
My latest picture
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-botg.jpg 

Old 03-23-2011, 07:10 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
NOOOOOO !!!! .... a closer view of the meal is below. Who guess the meal, there will be an award - the receipt of it ...
I wasn't even close
Old 03-24-2011, 08:41 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Alex ? I see in your profile you have mentioned many times birds ? so in my mind appeared a receipt, maybe you know it:
- A nice chicken ? 1,6 ? 1,8 kilo ? cut it in parts. Put parts in an appropriate vessel (the same I
have mentioned for the ?Guvech?);
- 1/5 kilo butter;
- half liter beer;
- Salt;
- Black paper.
Cover the vessel and put in the oven ? 180 deg C for 2 hours ? it is perfect ? easy to cook and very tasty. In the dish after you may add boiled and squeezed potatoes or boiled rice ? in a shape of a cone.

Austin ... The tripe here we eat as a soup (water and milk 1:1 ? the milk is added in the end), adding in it tooooooooo much hot red pepper, vinegar and garlic ? eating a bowl of it, you willl sweat just like after running up stairs to the top of the Empire State Building without any relax ? mmmmm tomorrow I will rut to have it in a little restaurant here ... I'll take a photo of it ...

I have never tried the meals Mark has mentioned ?
That's the basics of Menudo.

Menudo (soup) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love the stuff. I have a friend who says it smells like a pig farm.

I've never been to a hog farm.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!