Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-27-2011, 01:44 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
So, nap or cooking??
The way it turned out, a nap was needed more than food, so the wings are on the menu for tonight

I was up pretty early today after sleeping yesterday away. So after my coffee, I washed those chicken legs, cut off the wing tips and split what was left into drumlets and whatever the other part is called.

The wingtips are in the freezer ready to be used for some chicken stock and the rest is in the fridge marinading.

I just dumped all those chopped wings into a big bowl and added a liberal dose of soya sauce, four or five big cloves of freshly pressed garlic, a whack of paprika and a good amount of cayenne pepper, plus liberal doses of sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns. And a pile of raw sugar. I stirred that mess up and it's sitting been sitting in the fridge soaking up the flavors since about 10 this AM. Needless to say, I've been stirring it up a little every hour or so to ensure good coverage

And I just decided to throw some hot sauce into the mix.

These are going to be great with a pile of Uncle Bens Perverted Rice, a real green and vinegary salad and fresh Belgian bread.

Old 03-27-2011, 05:07 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I liked Relic. And most of their other stuff. Entertaining reads for sure.

Nap first! Cook later!
Agreed, they write well, this new series is promising..
Good choice on the nap...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I share your disappointment, the weather was very mild for two weeks but the last two weeks were chilly again. Looks frost free for a week so I'll be repotting and prepping for whenever Spring gets around to staying.
We haven't even hit 30*(f) for a week now...depressing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
I wish I could get into the garden. Snowing here again today, been snowing off and on for the last 5 says. Prior to that the snow was almost gone.
We aren't getting any snow, other than a few flakes, but the temps are like January, some warmer temps, birds singing in the am, would be appreciated...much!

Quote:
The way it turned out, a nap was needed more than food, so the wings are on the menu for tonight

I was up pretty early today after sleeping yesterday away. So after my coffee, I washed those chicken legs, cut off the wing tips and split what was left into drumlets and whatever the other part is called.

The wingtips are in the freezer ready to be used for some chicken stock and the rest is in the fridge marinading.

I just dumped all those chopped wings into a big bowl and added a liberal dose of soya sauce, four or five big cloves of freshly pressed garlic, a whack of paprika and a good amount of cayenne pepper, plus liberal doses of sea salt and freshly ground black peppercorns. I stirred that mess up and it's sitting been sitting in the fridge soaking up the flavors since about 10 this AM. Needless to say, I've been stirring it up a little every hour or so to ensure good coverage

And I just decided to throw some hot sauce into the mix.

These are going to be great with a pile of Uncle Bens Perverted Rice, a real green and vinegary salad and fresh Belgian bread.
Sounds great, I use teriyaki as a marinade mostly, as long as it doesn't have pineapple in it, how did the wings turn out?
I love to grow food, but I've never really been very enthusiastic about preparing it.
My daughter is a chef though, and spends much of her time here with her mom and me...nuff said..

Old 03-27-2011, 05:58 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Wings marinading in the fridge and wings in the process of being flipped after half an hour.
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-dsc01347.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-dsc01353.jpg 

Old 03-28-2011, 09:26 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Ever try wild rice or half wild, half brown rice? White rice and Wonderbread are what's left once anything nutritious is removed.

Looks tasty!
Old 03-28-2011, 11:41 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
WINGS ARE PERFECT !!! A cudo for it !!!
I do it the same manner … but the folio below wings is the best idea !!! I have never done the same, but it is the way! … the best experience. And all that needs a liberal doze of vine or beer ...

My weekend was not nice … coughing … a little temperature … muscles aches … now I am fine and I am waiting the next weekend. The trees will be covered by flower here after 3-4 days … my favorite season is coming …
I see new gentlemen in the pub … WELCOME everybody !!!

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 03-28-2011, 01:21 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Salary is nice. I earn mine but I get to come and go as I please
That's nice, I work hours still, but I can come and go provided my work is done and my replacement is in early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
You must be a volunteer EMT or Fire Fighter.
I work at a hotel. Front desk for the most part, but I handle the staff as well.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:34 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I work at a hotel. Front desk for the most part, but I handle the staff as well.

It is nice Austin … I was curious to know it ... your job is very important .... you are the “face“ of the hotel … when I visit a hotel, I always am smiling and love to change several civil-spoken words with the front man/woman … and I immediately know if I will visit it again or never more …

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 03-28-2011, 04:08 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
I think that's why I'm there, I don't know how much my online activity divulges, but I'm a very talkative guy.
Old 03-28-2011, 04:38 PM  

Now that I know Austin, I would love to go to his workplace and purposely give him so much crap that he would end up kicking me out! Unfortunately, this would be quite a long drive for a little fun!
Old 03-28-2011, 06:21 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I like wild rice with parsley, garlic and lemon juice.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.