Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2011, 06:30 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
....I work at a hotel. Front desk for the most part, but I handle the staff as well.
Did I ever tell you I worked in the hotel industry for 10 years and did the same thing? Started as a dishwasher and handed in my keys when I was an assistant manager.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
The last Hotels I stayed in was Americana(?) in Ashland, Ohio and The Marquette Hotel in Marquette/Cheboygan Michigan. with a view of the Mackinac Bridge

Mackinac Bridge, take at sun set from the Marquette Hotel

I see that some of the posters are from around Canada.............I'm originally from NW Michigan.

Old 03-29-2011, 07:43 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Now that I know Austin, I would love to go to his workplace and purposely give him so much crap that he would end up kicking me out! Unfortunately, this would be quite a long drive for a little fun!

I'm waiting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Did I ever tell you I worked in the hotel industry for 10 years and did the same thing? Started as a dishwasher and handed in my keys when I was an assistant manager.
That's more or less what I am. I think something closer to an operations manager, but I don't have a title.

That's cool. What field are you in now?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:47 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I worked in the hotel industry for 10 years and did the same thing? Started as a dishwasher and handed in my keys when I was an assistant manager.
That's funny. I only stayed a year because AT&T began hiring about that time. I was front desk too and I shine in people jobs. Our problem was the idiot GM who was either asleep or chasing maids in the hotel.

The biggest rule at that Sheraton was to immediately call the front desk at the first sound of any helicopter. The regional manager was good at showing up unannounced in his chopper and Satish was terrified he's get caught.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:15 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Well boys, now seems like a good time to explain what I do..

First, I'm always in school and have been for the last dozen years or so. The basic science that I'm in is biology, although much of my day also involves electronics,motor control,and a pile of paperwork...I also have a lab..

I work alone, I manage a system that removes the waste stream from a national forest/recreation area, treat the waste stream in sequential batch reactors(mimicking nature at a more rapid pace), nuke the supernate with UV light banks before returning to nature.
The waste product is poured onto drying beds, dried and because of the natural quality,(it's a pathogen free fertilizer) then applied to farm fields as fertilizer for cattle feed(corn/oats/hay)
My absence here is sometimes related to the fact that I'm having some high tech electronics and motor controls upgraded, and I'm monitoring these from my home computer. Any problems with my system starts a cellular radio calling me on my cell,then home phone, I even get electronically generated email...
most of my operation is at the cutting edge of bio-science, I'm now looking at ways to incorporate solar power into the operation.
I really love my work and I love working alone, my Lab goes to work with me everyday....
I also think what I'm doing is important...at least to me.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:23 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Now that I know Austin, I would love to go to his workplace and purposely give him so much crap that he would end up kicking me out! Unfortunately, this would be quite a long drive for a little fun!
Austin .. I believe, in the end both you will drink a beer together ?

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 03-29-2011, 12:33 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Well boys, now seems like a good time to explain what I do..

First, I'm always in school and have been for the last dozen years or so. The basic science that I'm in is biology, although much of my day also involves electronics,motor control,and a pile of paperwork...I also have a lab..

I work alone, I manage a system that removes the waste stream from a national forest/recreation area, treat the waste stream in sequential batch reactors(mimicking nature at a more rapid pace), nuke the supernate with UV light banks before returning to nature.
The waste product is poured onto drying beds, dried and because of the natural quality,(it's a pathogen free fertilizer) then applied to farm fields as fertilizer for cattle feed(corn/oats/hay)
My absence here is sometimes related to the fact that I'm having some high tech electronics and motor controls upgraded, and I'm monitoring these from my home computer. Any problems with my system starts a cellular radio calling me on my cell,then home phone, I even get electronically generated email...
most of my operation is at the cutting edge of bio-science, I'm now looking at ways to incorporate solar power into the operation.
I really love my work and I love working alone, my Lab goes to work with me everyday....
I also think what I'm doing is important...at least to me.
It is great Joel … My laboratory is Machine tool testing lab … including noise and vibrations testing … but the last 25 years the in the University there is not any money for new noise&vibration measuring apertures … since this year are coming generations after ’91 – 92 – and because of the demographic crisis here we will have not students … and no any interest to mech engineering … so soon everything will be in vain … and no much hope ... I see, some people here have started their career washing dishes, I will end my one by the same …

Old 03-29-2011, 12:41 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Austin .. I believe, in the end both you will drink a beer together ?
I hope so, I feel fortunate I can call havasu a friend.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:45 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I hope so, I feel fortunate I can call havasu a friend.
Yes ? he is ? I feel him like an honor and large-hearted man ?

Old 03-29-2011, 12:50 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
I’ll be glad if our new visitors tell us some words about them … it is always interesting …

And speaking about hotels – down is a view from the window of my room in a small private home-hotel we were one night this summer in Odd …
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-img_1144.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.