Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2011, 12:48 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Down are photos of my lab … there are 2 chambers – the first of them is noise–isolated one (we have achieved a free noise field in it), and into the ground of both chambers massive vibro - isolated foundations (each is 16 tons, mounted on springs, natural frequency 2-3 Hz) are put.
The idea was to carry our noise & vibro – tests of machine tools and a modal analysis of mechanical structures.
But we have not appropriate measurement apparatus. Nothing to do … Priorities in Odd are very different last 20 years …

Meanwhile ... what about foxy lady ... I can not understand it very well ...
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-117.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-121.jpg 

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 04-07-2011, 01:01 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Where are you boys ...

Maya … this my girl is not happy … she is IT spec. … and since 3-4 months she has found out a nice (according to me) job , even wotked in Paris for a month … she is all the day is in front of the comp … but … she needs to be outside … in the wilderness ... just like her father … Tomorrow we intend to do 3 day bike tour in the wilderness … I still do not know where … but … I see she is not happy, and this time I do not know what to do for her … she is permanently in my mind ... it makes me sad ...
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-116.jpg 

Old 04-07-2011, 03:25 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Where are you boys ...

Maya … this my girl is not happy … she is IT spec. … and since 3-4 months she has found out a nice (according to me) job , even wotked in Paris for a month … she is all the day is in front of the comp … but … she needs to be outside … in the wilderness ... just like her father … Tomorrow we intend to do 3 day bike tour in the wilderness … I still do not know where … but … I see she is not happy, and this time I do not know what to do for her … she is permanently in my mind ... it makes me sad ...
Why isn't she happy?

Have fun on the bike tour!
Old 04-07-2011, 06:25 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Where are you boys ...

Maya ? this my girl is not happy ? she is IT spec. ? and since 3-4 months she has found out a nice (according to me) job , even wotked in Paris for a month ? she is all the day is in front of the comp ? but ? she needs to be outside ? in the wilderness ... just like her father ? Tomorrow we intend to do 3 day bike tour in the wilderness ? I still do not know where ? but ? I see she is not happy, and this time I do not know what to do for her ? she is permanently in my mind ... it makes me sad ...
I know how you feel. My children have made my heart hurt many times.

You and Maya are a team. You need to find out what is making her unhappy and then do what needs to be done to make her happy again. Even if it makes you suffer.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
AT&T built a building for Bell Labs between Allentown & Reading PA. It was built on bedrock and the whole building was set on springs. The idea was to cancel out all vibration so masks of circuits would be printed on wafers.

I think those IC fabs are no more so the building could be vacant.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Why isn't she happy?

Have fun on the bike tour!

No short answer of your question Austin … she loves to bicycle long distances, to swim hours … she loves to go up rocks … alpinist ? … She is relatively intelligent girl … I see, she can not find an appropriate company for her …

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I know how you feel. My children have made my heart hurt many times.

You and Maya are a team. You need to find out what is making her unhappy and then do what needs to be done to make her happy again. Even if it makes you suffer.
Well … but it is a time to find out a nice company for her … I am afraid our strong emotional relationship does not work properly now …

Well after an hour we will go … a strong north-west wind is blowing outside, but it will be dry … i hope to take nice pictures ...

Old 04-08-2011, 08:53 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
No short answer of your question Austin ? she loves to bicycle long distances, to swim hours ? she loves to go up rocks ? alpinist ? ? She is relatively intelligent girl ? I see, she can not find an appropriate company for her ?

Well ? but it is a time to find out a nice company for her ? I am afraid our strong emotional relationship does not work properly now ?

Well after an hour we will go ? a strong north-west wind is blowing outside, but it will be dry ? i hope to take nice pictures ...

Company, or companion?
Old 04-09-2011, 12:29 AM  

Duncan, Oklahoma, (formerly So, California)
Quote:
No short answer of your question Austin ? she loves to bicycle long distances, to swim hours ? she loves to go up rocks ? alpinist ? ? She is relatively intelligent girl ? I see, she can not find an appropriate company for her ?

Well ? but it is a time to find out a nice company for her ? I am afraid our strong emotional relationship does not work properly now ?

Well after an hour we will go ?
Quote:
a strong north-west wind is blowing
outside, but it will be dry ? i hope to take nice pictures ...
Ya mean a "Blue Northern"?
Old 04-09-2011, 09:45 AM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam

Could also be a "Alberta clipper"
Old 04-10-2011, 10:55 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
We do have some local winds having special names, but this time … the strong wind was because of very big difference of the atmospheric pressures of large areas (Mediterranean and Eastern Europe), so the gradient on the boundary results in very strong wind (BG was exactly on this boundary). In eastern part of BG the wind reached velocities of 90 mph.
Never mind I and Maya toured …. We leaved very hard Sofia because of the wind; often we pull the bikes, never mind the flat area. Later we entered in the mountain and found a place without wind for our first for the season capm place … I can say we spend very nice time together (never mind the 2 flat tires and the strong wind and sun shine (my face is red, especially my nose) …. in the middle of May we will repeat it.

Oooooooooooooo …. It is the first bigger tour for the season – almost 200 km …. All my body harts … muscles, joints, bones, waist, arms, legs …. I will try 2 bigger cups of whiskey soon …
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-126.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-129.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-151.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-157.jpg 

Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-166.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!