Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2011, 01:37 PM  
fustrated genius

I usually am the ONLY one out that obeys the speed limits. So on the FWY just now, the speed dropped from the otherwise posted 75MPH down to 65-55 then 45 for a construction crew ahead. Well, I drop down my speed and the guy behind got INCHES off my back bumper. Then as soon as he sees the cop sitting there, SUDDENLY, he's Mr. OBEY-the-rules. I was lucky I still had my back bumper. Every construction zone in AZ always have cops sitting there for guys like that. When are these guys gonna figure that out?

Old 06-22-2011, 01:40 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
It's called the "hurry up and wait" syndrome.
I'm hoping it's deadly and helps cull the herd.

oh yes.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:41 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
I usually am the ONLY one out that obeys the speed limits. So on the FWY just now, the speed dropped from the otherwise posted 75MPH down to 65-55 then 45 for a construction crew ahead. Well, I drop down my speed and the guy behind got INCHES off my back bumper. Then as soon as he sees the cop sitting there, SUDDENLY, he's Mr. OBEY-the-rules. I was lucky I still had my back bumper. Every construction zone in AZ always have cops sitting there for guys like that. When are these guys gonna figure that out?
I like to brake check. But I also have a fairly large truck with a nasty hitch on it.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:21 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Quote:
It's called the "hurry up and wait" syndrome.
I'm hoping it's deadly and helps cull the herd.
Culling the herd would favor my agenda too as there seems to be more and more of these type of drivers on the road nowadays .
Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
One more thing that bothers me is a school speed limit in front of a High School. Now I see the reason for it in front of a grammer school or a middle school. You should be able to cross the street by your self by the time you get to high school.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:00 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamataco View Post
One more thing that bothers me is a school speed limit in front of a High School. Now I see the reason for it in front of a grammer school or a middle school. You should be able to cross the street by your self by the time you get to high school.

I agree and have always thought the same thing.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:36 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Up here the speed limits in front of schools are only in effect from 7AM to 5PM, September to June.

I get ticked off at people who don't understand the concept and slow down when I'm trying to get home at midnight.
Old 06-23-2011, 04:41 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
You should be able to cross the street by your self by the time you get to high school.
I was doing the mandated 20 past a HS a few years back when a pushed kid moving backwards between parked cars appeared in my lane. Maybe the High Schools need it most.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:27 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Up here the speed limits in front of schools are only in effect from 7AM to 5PM, September to June.

I get ticked off at people who don't understand the concept and slow down when I'm trying to get home at midnight.
It's the same down here and it still happens as you described.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:31 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Up here the speed limits in front of schools are only in effect from 7AM to 5PM, September to June..
Thats about the same here. But the point is that these kids are old enough to drive,so they should be old enough to cross the street all by themselves. At the corner with the traffic light.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!