Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 07-11-2011, 05:04 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britney View Post
love it. i would die laughing if i saw this happen to someone.
You would split a gut in Montreal. It's standard operating procedure
__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 PM  
Supporting Member
 
Chemiker's Avatar

San Jose, CA
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 209 | Kudos: +27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
I usually will get in front of them if I can when they are that far away. Just to be
a smart A and p.o. them a bit
That's great! I'm bummed because I can't do this. I'm on a motorcycle and leaving someone pissed off behind you isn't a good idea. If I had a Jeep I totally would.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 10:45 AM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmurdoc34 View Post
Anymore about the only thing that pisses me off is blinkers. Wait the lack of use of blinkers. For some reason no one in VA by myself and 3 others use blinkers.

The Palatinate German serfs of SE PA are completely befuddled by anything as complex as a turn signal. Those that actually try to use them rarely put them on until said turn is begun. A few clearly have difficulty with abstract thought such as LEFT & RIGHT.

Over the years I've noticed these same people are the most likely to have their left hand outside their window caressing the breeze much as dog's in cars with their head in the breeze enjoy. Confirmation of their incompetence is often evident from dings, crunched fenders or bent bumpers.

Why aren't we reminding people how to drive correctly in public service commercials?
What ticks you off on a regular basis-car-wreck-massachusetts-avenue-21st-street-n.w.-washington.jpg 

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:12 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship
 
ChrisNukemYJ's Avatar

Tucson, Arrenizona
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,810 | Kudos: +57
Images: 39
People who think they can tell you how to run your life. I hate that so badly.
__________________
This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-sh*t-o-meter.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:41 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
The Palatinate German serfs of SE PA are completely befuddled by anything as complex as a turn signal. Those that actually try to use them rarely put them on until said turn is begun. A few clearly have difficulty with abstract thought such as LEFT & RIGHT.

Over the years I've noticed these same people are the most likely to have their left hand outside their window caressing the breeze much as dog's in cars with their head in the breeze enjoy. Confirmation of their incompetence is often evident from dings, crunched fenders or bent bumpers.

Why aren't we reminding people how to drive correctly in public service commercials?
I do that and use my blinker.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 02:04 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
I do that and use my blinker.
Dixie doesn't count. In PA German areas the worst insult is to be called a "heeva haava". In their European villages an idiot would be tried at a series of tasks a child could accomplish. If they still screwed up the simplest directions they became the heeva haava. This consisted of being "the fluffer" for breeding stallions.
Any sign of geekiness would immediately eliminate you.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:23 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Dixie doesn't count. In PA German areas the worst insult is to be called a "heeva haava". In their European villages an idiot would be tried at a series of tasks a child could accomplish. If they still screwed up the simplest directions they became the heeva haava. This consisted of being "the fluffer" for breeding stallions.
Any sign of geekiness would immediately eliminate you.

It does not pay to be stupid. At least not that much.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:45 AM  
What page are you on?
 
Britney's Avatar

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 687 | Kudos: +34
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
It does not pay to be stupid. At least not that much.
I know of one stupid person who is a very prominent figure and makes a base salary of 300K a year. Then we add in all the other money he receives to sway back and forth on issues.

He shall remain nameless.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:46 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship
 
ChrisNukemYJ's Avatar

Tucson, Arrenizona
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,810 | Kudos: +57
Images: 39
Birthday gift shopping. I f'in hate it.
__________________
This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-sh*t-o-meter.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:17 AM  
fustrated genius
 
HiHood's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,054 | Kudos: +100
WHY? too muchie stress . . . if they're regular folks . . $50 Walmart gift cert., want to impress . . . $75 JC Penney's and you're DONE!!!
__________________

__________________
Phewy!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.