Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 07-18-2011, 11:30 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship
 
ChrisNukemYJ's Avatar

Tucson, Arrenizona
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,810 | Kudos: +57
Images: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
WHY? too muchie stress . . . if they're regular folks . . $50 Walmart gift cert., want to impress . . . $75 JC Penney's and you're DONE!!!
Wife.

10char
__________________

__________________
This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-sh*t-o-meter.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:31 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship
 
ChrisNukemYJ's Avatar

Tucson, Arrenizona
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,810 | Kudos: +57
Images: 39
I also hate procedural cop shows. There are like 300 of them and they are all the same.
__________________

__________________
This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-sh*t-o-meter.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 PM  
What page are you on?
 
Britney's Avatar

in a van... down by the river, Texas
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 687 | Kudos: +34
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
I also hate procedural cop shows. There are like 300 of them and they are all the same.
Amen to that.

Same with the "REAL" Housewives of (insert some high society city). Those aren't real housewives. Real housewives don't have time for a mai tai at 8 am after the kids head off to private school. We don't have time for extravagant parties. We don't have personal chefs. There are definitely no stylists or make up artists either!
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:07 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 319 | Kudos: +17
1. There is a man that is really ticking me off. Mid life crazy--I think so.

2. It ticks me off that what teachers really go through is not clearly understood.

There are some rotten apples and they need to be weeded out--the rest of us --shouldn't be painted with the same broad brush. Take a look at our customers and their parents. My friend used to say---'If you want a better quality of jail, send us better criminals.' lol---Teaching humor.

3. It ticks me off that I didn't understand that most people don't take life so seriously and sometimes don't even worry themselves to death about their jobs. We were also told--'If you can't or won't perform your job in a professional manner---there are thousands of others waiting for your job. It is your choice, etc.' I believed this---and worried from day one that I would be fired if I didn't measure up.

4. It ticks me off that many in my generation seemed to have had a lot more fun and that I was dumb enough to believe I shouldn't. I should and now I do---as decrepit as I am. lol---Long Live the Silver Ball--I want to go out dancing. If it means going to 'H'---then we'll be dancing down there--a lot of us. lol.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:27 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by addymiller View Post
1. There is a man that is really ticking me off. Mid life crazy--I think so.

2. It ticks me off that what teachers really go through is not clearly understood.

There are some rotten apples and they need to be weeded out--the rest of us --shouldn't be painted with the same broad brush. Take a look at our customers and their parents. My friend used to say---'If you want a better quality of jail, send us better criminals.' lol---Teaching humor.

3. It ticks me off that I didn't understand that most people don't take life so seriously and sometimes don't even worry themselves to death about their jobs. We were also told--'If you can't or won't perform your job in a professional manner---there are thousands of others waiting for your job. It is your choice, etc.' I believed this---and worried from day one that I would be fired if I didn't measure up.

4. It ticks me off that many in my generation seemed to have had a lot more fun and that I was dumb enough to believe I shouldn't. I should and now I do---as decrepit as I am. lol---Long Live the Silver Ball--I want to go out dancing. If it means going to 'H'---then we'll be dancing down there--a lot of us. lol.
Threatening people jobs only makes them do the minimum. I'm sorry they treat teachers like that.

Socrates, Plato, everyone who is responsible for the way we think, act, develop, all teachers, most underrated or misunderstood in their own time.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:22 PM  
Traveler

Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 319 | Kudos: +17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Threatening people jobs only makes them do the minimum. I'm sorry they treat teachers like that.

Socrates, Plato, everyone who is responsible for the way we think, act, develop, all teachers, most underrated or misunderstood in their own time.
eh--that came from the military--post WW2 era--lots of former military became principals--they 'had' to change--lol. Some couldn't handle the 'new fangled ideas'---but it is in general different now in schools that are effective. 'The Old Ways'---even the military has had to do some adapting---along with the rest of the world.

If we could convince Neal Boortz to 'retire'/shut up---I might be Ok--that man--really ticks me off--speaking of high level of annoyance. Just come out and say what you mean---'government schools'--he calls them--any parent who would allow a child to attend a government school and be trained in socialism cares nothing for their child. He uses the example of communal school supplies to illustrate the political indoctrination that occurs.

Yes,--I am guilty of that. Every year we sent home a list and requested that students bring a box of kleenex to be kept for classroom use--the desks are small and students didn't have space for one thing to keep a personal box of kleenex on their desk. And another thing some would play with the Kleenex and then not have any to wipe their nose when cold season arrived.

Other school supplies--my schools didn't require that the students do more than provide their own supplies. I always kept pencils and paper if there was a need for them. Lots of my salary went to purchase supplies that wouldn't have been available otherwise--Boortz never mentions that sort of thing.

Teachers don't pay much attention to him, I found. Blow away---High Priest of the Painful Truth. Private school---lots of problems in some of those--the affluent are not immune to societal ills--cough. The home is still the place where values must first be taught--the school supports the home--always the way it has worked. The school has had to assume many responsibilities once handled effectively by parents--hopefully, the pendulum is swinging the other way. The 20/30 somethings--Gen??'s seem to be very family oriented and the mistakes of the past are painfully clear. Both political sides hopefully agree that future citizens need to be of good character.

I hope some of the wrongs of the past have now been righted and the focus can be on what is possible for the future that will improve the quality of life globally.

lol--In conservative forums all I could hear was --'We need to teach 'Readin, Writin' and 'Rithmetic'---and we need to teach a lot more than that---health, nutrition, how to live a balanced life, how to relate in a civilized manner--so I support the Progressive thinkers on either side. Whatever that makes me. lol

'The second oldest profession'---yup. I am one of the best at my profession. lol--Teaching joke.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:04 PM  
Where am I ????
 
paddyboy2u's Avatar

Calgary, Alberta
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,364 | Kudos: +34
Images: 5
When my GPS leads me down a road that takes me 50 miles farther than what I could have went.
__________________
What's that mean???.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:09 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship
 
ChrisNukemYJ's Avatar

Tucson, Arrenizona
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,810 | Kudos: +57
Images: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
When my GPS leads me down a road that takes me 50 miles farther than what I could have went.
I will take my GPS with me sometimes when I know where I am going just to
watch it freak out when I don't take the route it wants me to. lol
__________________
This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-sh*t-o-meter.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:22 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
This section of washboard road really ticks me off every time I drive it.
.
What ticks you off on a regular basis-washboard-roads.jpg 

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 07:24 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship
 
ChrisNukemYJ's Avatar

Tucson, Arrenizona
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,810 | Kudos: +57
Images: 39
It is nice going over washboards when you have a girl in the passenger seat though.
__________________

__________________
This definitely rates about a 9.0 on my weird-sh*t-o-meter.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.