Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2011, 03:45 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Welcome to my nightmare. I live near a busy railway/highway crossing. The lights are messed up.

They control traffic but annoy the locals.

Old 12-28-2011, 09:43 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Welcome to my nightmare. I live near a busy railway/highway crossing. The lights are messed up.

They control traffic but annoy the locals.

I live not to far from a train track, every other day or so they'll have a train completely stopped and you have to take the real long way home. It is what it is, but what a PIA!

Old 01-04-2012, 01:33 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
E-mails like this.........
Went back and got the "Snopes" link concerning this e-mail......FALSE........
http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/carjack.asp

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WARNING FROM POLICE
This is the new thing these days with people out of work and needing cash. Beware, it's headed our way.

Warning..!!!! Warning..!!!! Warning..!!!!

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for gas.. Luckily my friend told me not to stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car.. Then we received this email yesterday:

WARNING FROM POLICE

THIS APPLIES TO BOTH WOMEN AND MEN

BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--NEW WAY TO DO CARJACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)

Heads up everyone! Please, keep this circulating.... You walk across the parking lot, unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into reverse.

When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you shift into Park, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.

And guess what, ladies? I bet your purse is still in the car.

So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.

If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A purse contains all kinds of personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.
Please keep this going and tell all your friends
Old 01-04-2012, 01:36 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
E-mails like this.........
On a similar note....those that forward scary e-mails without confirming the truth (or rumor) through Snopes.com.
Old 01-04-2012, 01:55 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
On a similar note....those that forward scary e-mails without confirming the truth (or rumor) through Snopes.com.
Yes.....that was what I was "gettin' at".....loaded up with them pretty often..........
Old 01-04-2012, 04:55 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Every time you get one of those e-mails, just block the address it's coming from. Eventually all the crap dries up and blows away.

I got a little ticked off today myself because I couldn't keep up with all the e-mails hitting my desk. Everyone wants technical support for the products they're operating, but no one can tell me a simple thing like the part number they want info about. Bloody engineers!!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:36 AM  
Dimensional Flux

Groinsboro, Tarheel
e-mails concern me not unless they're VERIFIED AS LEGIT by snopes, otherwise they go to TRASH.
----
The main thing that irritates me daily is the new list of regulations AGAINST TRUCK and BUS DRIVERS.
Soon enough, Truck Drivers will become a part of History as trucks will be driven and maintained through Robotics and shippers/receivers will be automated too.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:13 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Time flies. It ticks me off.
Old 01-12-2012, 09:11 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Time flies. It ticks me off.
It's Thursday already.

Blows my mind.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:55 PM  
Supporting Member

San Jose, CA
I don't like when people say "I don't mean to interrupt"...

Yes, you did mean to interrupt, that's exactly why you're here talking. If you want politely acknowledge the interruption, say "I'm sorry to interrupt". Chaps my hide!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!