Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 05-15-2011, 02:36 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
"cops that care more"

Change your sig, you got your wish and I wish there were 50,000 more like him.

Quote:
Once i tell the cop what took place, he says to me "No worries, I am going to charge the other guy" He hands me back my lic and registration, and says bye to me and my kids which are in the truck.
I just got a call from him, and he ticketed the guy with 6 motor vehicle driving tickets, and says the guy admitted to tailgating me, blowing his horn and being furious, because I would not drive as fast as he wanted me to.
I was doing the MAX posted speed, often a little more.
Apparently his toyota rav4 does not have nearly as strong a front end as my trucks rear bumper. His car has damage, and my truck is just fine.
This guy will likely lose his lic. His insurance is void for the damage he has, so its out of pocket, and he has many points, and over $1,000 in fines.
Somedays what pisses me off, turns out good in the end.
__________________

__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:10 PM  
Senior Member
 
BCboy's Avatar

Shuswap, BC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 825 | Kudos: +30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Change your sig, you got your wish and I wish there were 50,000 more like him.
LOL.....The cop said he HATES road raging idiots like him.
Also turns out the guy has lapsed (invalid) insurance, and this is not his first time in trouble witht the law.
He is just 27 and so full of anger, I do not get it.
I was the last vehicle in a line of 4, and we were all nicely spaced except my rav4 idiot.
__________________

__________________
We do NOT need to raise taxes on the people. The government needs to spend less is the answer.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:48 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
Nice!! Roadbuttsurfers really piss me off too. I am so tempted to do exactly what you did every time one of those jerks is on my tail. O could use a new rear bumper

Another thing that really gets my goat are people that can't even manage to drive a shopping cart in a grocery store, let alone a car.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 05:54 PM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
He is just 27 and so full of anger, I do not get it.
I was the last vehicle in a line of 4, and we were all nicely spaced except my rav4 idiot.
Your behavior must have impressed him to bother to report back to you. I think you just passed Road Rage 101 cum laude!
__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:35 PM  
Ric
Senior Member

Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 232 | Kudos: +28
Images: 6
the Illegals here and the fact that, our gov. wont do a damn thing to fix it.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:24 PM  
Senior Member
 
BCboy's Avatar

Shuswap, BC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 825 | Kudos: +30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Your behavior must have impressed him to bother to report back to you. I think you just passed Road Rage 101 cum laude!
Thanks

I don't get into roadrage.
I am generally very easy going, and people tailgating, and whatever does not bother me.
It was the never ending use of his horn that finally got annoying.
My slight tap of the brakes had him rear end me, imagine if i had to panic stop for a child, horse etc.
On the road we live on its not uncommon to slow and wait to go around horses, dogs, people etc.
Thats part of country life, where probably 1 in 3 places in the area has horses etc.
The posted speed is 60 kms/hr, and we were doing that, and at times up to 70, so its not as if we were going slowly........besides had i moved to let him by, he still would have just caught the others i was following.
Barnhartvale road is not a place to speed or drive like a jerk IMO.
__________________
We do NOT need to raise taxes on the people. The government needs to spend less is the answer.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:31 PM  
Ric
Senior Member

Denver, Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 232 | Kudos: +28
Images: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCboy View Post
My slight tap of the brakes had him rear end me
be carefull, something simular happed here, where some guy was tailgating, the front vehicle brake checked him, the tailgater swerved and went into on coming traffic, killing someone, geuss who was charged for murder??


the guy that "brake checked"

when I heard that, if someone is tailgating me, I do nothing, I dont speed up, nor do I slow down, he will either pass me or or if he gets to crazy, Ill just call it in
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 AM  
mohel
 
blucher's Avatar

Keizer, OR
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 4,383 | Kudos: +123
Images: 99
Quote:
On the road we live on its not uncommon to slow and wait to go around horses, dogs, people etc.
Thats part of country life, where probably 1 in 3 places in the area has horses etc.
In PA I lived on the edge of Amish country. The land undulates so you rarely can see far enough to safely pass. Being behind a buggy wears thin on NYC tourists so they frequently end up dead.

I share the road with a ton of farm equipment in this Willamette Valley.
__________________
I'll believe corporations are persons when Texas executes one.: LBJ's Ghost
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:18 AM  
Senior Member
 
BCboy's Avatar

Shuswap, BC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 825 | Kudos: +30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
be carefull, something simular happed here, where some guy was tailgating, the front vehicle brake checked him, the tailgater swerved and went into on coming traffic, killing someone, geuss who was charged for murder??


the guy that "brake checked"

when I heard that, if someone is tailgating me, I do nothing, I dont speed up, nor do I slow down, he will either pass me or or if he gets to crazy, Ill just call it in
He could not have swerved.................lol
Thats the thing, he was inches from my bumper.
So close he in fact admitted he could not see the other vehicles in front of me, and stated he felt if he was mere inches from my bumper and used his horn enough, i would pull over.

Funny thing is where would I pull over to?
The road is narrow, then maybe 2 feet of dirt shoulder and then a ditch.

Why not just pass me if he was in such a big hurry.
And he was only going home to watch TV, said some show was on he really likes and was mising it.

I drive this road at least once a day each way, sometimes 2 or 3 times a day, it depends.
Its a very poor choice of road to speed on or drive recklessly.
Anyone with google earth can easily type it in and see what I mean.
Its called Barnhartvale road, its in kamloops, BC.
__________________
We do NOT need to raise taxes on the people. The government needs to spend less is the answer.
Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:22 AM  
Senior Member
 
BCboy's Avatar

Shuswap, BC
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 825 | Kudos: +30
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
In PA I lived on the edge of Amish country. The land undulates so you rarely can see far enough to safely pass. Being behind a buggy wears thin on NYC tourists so they frequently end up dead.

I share the road with a ton of farm equipment in this Willamette Valley.
Farmers sometimes move their equipment down this road, and they do maybe 30 kms/hr tops, usually less.
But the thing is, its rare to need to follow one more than a few minutes.
Often once traffic builds up behind them, they look for an area large enough to pull over, and let traffic by.
So really who cares if you have to drive slower for say 2 or 3 minutes.

What is nice about being out of town is the quieter noise levels and slower pace.
Heck I followed a golf cart a couple weeks ago.........lol
Older gentleman going to the golf course nearby, and he just drove the cart there, and I see them occasionally go past the house to.
I actually thought it was cute, and passed him when it was safe to do so.
__________________

__________________
We do NOT need to raise taxes on the people. The government needs to spend less is the answer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.